www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: H260 Bimini top shaking
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:54 pm 
Tadpole

I have a 2008 H260 which is simply a fantastic bat with one bad habit. The bimini top shakes badly. Even in mild cross wind and chop. The year after i bought it, the screws backed out when i was riding. That was a bit exciting. Never happened with the 3 previous boats i owned (regal x 2, international) and this top shakes more than any of the others as well. Replaced screws with lock washers and constantly check to make sure they are down before each use. 2 years ago, one of the screws sheared off! Able to get it out with a vice-grip and fixed that as i always carry spares. Happened again today and now the torque sheared off one of the bolts holding the screw plate. Fixed that but it is getting a bit ridiculous. Is there a way to better brace or stabilize the top? Did Four Winns fix this is later years? Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:02 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Any pictures of the affected parts?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:37 am 
email admin your custom rank

The bimini top on my 2004 Sundowner was very shaky to begin with. I think they riveted the end couplings etc to the tubes using a preumatic rivet gun but hadn't done it properly; all the couplings were loose on the tubes, the rivets hadn't brought the bore into contact with the tubes. The cumulative effect of all the slop was impressive !

I re-riveted all the rivets ( using a "lazy tongs" type riveter; those stainless rivets are tough - impossible practically- to set with a normal hand riveter. I made sure the bores and tubes were in contact when I riveted them together; I also used some toughened adhesive;

Result; no slop between the bimini frame pieces and the tubing; the bimini frame was no longer shaky.