www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:09 am 
Dolphin

So, I've noticed the last few times that I've pulled the plug while still on the ramp, a good deal of water drains out. If the boat is sitting anywhere close to level, very little water runs out. If on a steep incline, it will drain water for as much as a full minute. Last weekend, I filled the ski locker with water in the driveway and confirmed the auto bilge is working. So, after several hours of floating this weekend, I waited until I was underway with the bow high in the air (to get the water to run to the back of the boat) and turned on the bilge. Nothing came out. Got back to the boat ramp, pulled the plug and water rushed out. So, where could this water be hiding that it's not hitting the bilge pump, but is draining out the transom plug? I can see that when the boat is at rest or on plane that the water would spread out enough to not raise the float on the bilge, but underway it should all run to the back and accumulate high enough to set it off shouldn't it?

If it's of any value, we take on more water when floating than when underway. At this point, I suspect the anchor locker drain as the source of the leak. When I open the anchor locker, I can see water flow in and out of there, and I've confirmed that the anchor locker is not sealed off from the rest of the boat. I can fill it with water and watch it run into the ski locker.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I always assumed the anchor locker drains thru the locker drain at the bow. I now will need to check mine out to see how it works. It would take a lot of water to kick on the bilge so don't think you have an issue and i too get some water draining at the ramp. I figured most of it was from drip drying in the boat once people climb in after swimming.

I started draining my ice chest in the ski locker to lighten the load and rinse things out though, so always expect water to flow. Easy way to keep bilge rinsed and makes lifting the large ice chest much easier at the end of the day. In short - no telling where that water is riding while afloat.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:18 pm 
Goldfish

On the outside the plug is right at the bottom of the transom. On the inside on mine the bilge pump sits on a flat area about 3 feet wide under the engine so there's several inches in depth between the pump and bottom.

I mentioned in another thread that I just changed my bilge pump and had to remove the screws. When I pulled out the last one water was squirting straight up out of the screw hole for a couple minutes. This is with the plug out, on the trailer, after sitting indoors all winter.