www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:04 pm 
Guppy

hey guys, have a horizon 190 jet drive. previous owner wrecked motor, tore rear interior out and that was it. New motor is in and running, but i need help putting interior back in. has a bench seat and big sun deck pad. Images seem to be an issue on here. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:09 pm 
email admin your custom rank

What do you need to know? I had a '95 190 I/O with the Sunsport interior (2 swivel buckets and the bench seat with the large sunpad over the engine.)

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon

Last edited by Surface Interval on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:59 am 
Guppy

i need to know how the bench structure is fastened to the hull and i have three carpeted small pieces I cant figure out where they go. Would it be easier to communicate through email or text message?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:58 am 
Guppy

fwnmp021c696

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 pm 

Four Winns used 2 x 2 pressure treated boards screwed to the seat base and screwed to the carpeted plywood floor. The screws were countersunk stainless wood screws with upholstery washers. I believe the rear seat base was 3 sections. The outboard sections each have a speaker in the front side and a large hole on the inboard side. The hole matches up with the ends of the center section for access to store items in the starboard and port sections of the seat base. Access is through the top of the center section when the bench seat is pulled forward. The front edge of the center part of the seat base is set back maybe 4 or 5 inches to accommodate the front support for the bench seat when it is slid back. The bench seat is a U shaped section that extends into the engine compartment on each side of the engine. There is a nylon or "Starboard" block under the back edges in the engine compartment to keep the bench seat from being pulled out too far. You can see some pictures by doing a google search for Four Winns '95 190 Horizon and selecting "Images". Hope this helps.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:57 am 

You might be able to find pics of the OE interior on the F/W website if you look in customer service and previous models.
When I redid my interior I had 2 coolers that the PO used for rear seats with a padded back rest that was screwed to the engine compartment divider panels. When we replaced the deck 10 years ago we re did all of that. I made a new main bulkhead panel out of 3/4" ply and made it in 2 pieces with a hinge in the middle so it can open like a door to access the engine. For the seats I found pontoon seats (36" wide benches) that matched the color scheme and the helm seats. I notched the shelf on the side of the hull with a hand jigsaw so the seats would drop right in. They are basically a press fit but can be removed easily for maintenance ....

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II