www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:15 am 
Tadpole

Hi, I'm new here... had a funship 224 until just recently... now have a 2006 H260.
The staples for the fabric on the flip-up bolster came loose and cut the fabric on the seat where they rub together. I removed the loose staples, but need to remove the bolster to re-staple.
I have looked high and low for information on removing the flip up bolster from the captain's seat but no luck. Right now, the fabric on the bolster just bunches up between the bolster and the seat when I put the bolster down..
Any help would be appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:04 pm 
Shark

Luckily, it's not too tough. I think it should be similar to my 2008. I've had to remove the bolsters on each seat at least once - either for restapling or repair (I have a few heavyset friends).

Remove (lift while holding the unlock tab) the entire chair from the post. With the chair upside down, there are four bolts that hold the seat (bottom) cushion to the frame. Once you remove those, and remove the bottom cushion, you can remove the bolster. I have just (carefully) bent the pivots inward to release the bolster. However, you will also have access to the screws at that point if you just want to remove it that way. Anyhow, the key is getting the bottom cushion out of the way first.

Hope that helps!

Previously -
1993 Baja 180 Islander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:59 am 
Tadpole

Thanks much BartsPlace!
With the information you provided, I was able to the seat off and apart to get the bolster off...
Much appreciated!