www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:07 am 
McLovin

Guys I can not wait untill i take delivery of my 180 horizon. Unfortunately it wont be untill sometime next month. I am very proud to be part of the fourwinns family and love the Ifourwinns site :) I have a few questions about some things and hopefully some of you can answer it
1. The 180 shows it comes with a "carry on cooler" what exactly is this?

2. Also I was wondering will the trailer come with a 5 pin connector for the back up light so i can back with the trailer brake off and will it be the same as a 4 pin flat connector just adding one more pin?

Thanks guys i appreciate all of your help.

Post subject: trailer/cooler
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:32 am 
Clownfish

My '06 180 trailer had the 5 pin connector. My car hitch had a 4 pin connector. The trailer worked just fine for me like that. The boat had no built in cooler storage. I assume the carry-on cooler is just that. Hope that helps. Enjoy your new boat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:09 am 
McLovin

That is what i was thinking but do they give you a cooler or something LOL?

Post subject: Cooler?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:23 am 
Clownfish

I didn't get one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:39 am 
Mental Floss

You need the 5th pin active (energized by the backup lights) ONLY of you have surge disc brakes on the trailer. Unlike surge drum brakes, surge disc brakes are not free backing. The 5th wire energizes a solenoid near the brake cylinder on a surge disc brake system, preventing fluid from reaching and activating the calipers of the brakes.

Plugging a 5 wire plug into a 4 wire receptacle will cause no problems. What you will need to make sure of is using a 7 pin (round) to flat adapter. There the 5th plug IS energized and you would need to be sure the 5th wire on the trailer if not used is capped off properly so you don't cause a short.

Enjoy your new boat and feel free to ask anything. We're all here to help!

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:55 am 
Minnow

I purchased my 2006 Horizon 180 new last summer and received a small blue carry on cooler with it. It was under the bench seat (sport sun). I could have gotten the same thing at Wal-Mart for $10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:58 pm 
McLovin

that is what i thought lol. but hey i bet the cooler is small enough to fit under my rear bucket seats :) oh well if it isn't i can always recycle it hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:28 pm 
Seahorse

All i know is a regular ole' Igloo or Coleman works wonders!! I'll take a grocery sack with ice if it'll keep a couple beers cold. But seriously, good luck with your 180. I'm sure you'll love it for years to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:12 pm 
Narwhal

jvalich wrote:
You need the 5th pin active (energized by the backup lights) ONLY of you have surge disc brakes on the trailer. Unlike surge drum brakes, surge disc brakes are not free backing. The 5th wire energizes a solenoid near the brake cylinder on a surge disc brake system, preventing fluid from reaching and activating the calipers of the brakes.

Plugging a 5 wire plug into a 4 wire receptacle will cause no problems. What you will need to make sure of is using a 7 pin (round) to flat adapter. There the 5th plug IS energized and you would need to be sure the 5th wire on the trailer if not used is capped off properly so you don't cause a short.

Enjoy your new boat and feel free to ask anything. We're all here to help!

Yeah, my vehicle's factory installed hitch comes with a four pin flat connector. I'm thinking about building a 4 pin to 5 pin adapter and tapping into the reverse lights for the fifth pin on the adapter, as I have other trailers that use the flat four. Or maybe, I'll yank the four wire, and replace it with the 5 pin, and make a 4 pin adapter. Choices, choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm 
2007 200 Horiz

I have the 7 round on mine and I just bought a simple adapter- 7 round to flat 5.
Of course I havent tested it out yet but the stock of goodies is growing every week. :roll: