www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:27 am 
Tadpole

Heyas all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the community. I am now the proud owner of a 203 Four Winns Horizon F/S. I'll be picking up my new baby Feb 22/07...and couldn't be more excited. This is my first boat and cant wait to get back into fishing/tubing/skiing.

My wife loves to fish but I have only been able to take her out on select occasions borrowing my fathers 14ft aluminum Lund...and finally I can take her out to mine...and her hearts content.

A little info on the new addition to my family...I went with the 5.0 L/Alpha 220 hp MerCruiser option, added a Hi Five prop, extended swim platform (mainly for my 2 and 1/2 yr old daughter), flip up bolster seats, red with sports graphics, all riding on a tandem trailer.

Anyway...just wanted to say HI and am happy to be a part of the Four Winns community. Pics sure to follow once I get her home 8).

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:00 am 
Mental Floss

Matt:

Welcome and congrats on the new boat. I'm sure your wife will enjoy the difference between the aluminum Lund and the FW.

Please feel free to ask ANY questions...don't be afraid to ask what you may think is a "dumb one" We're all here to learn and help each other out.

Again....welcome!

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:28 am 
Andiamo

Matt, Congratulations! The Funship has a great layout! Enjoy and Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:22 am 
McLovin

Congratulations Matt. You will have way tooo much fun :) Wait I don't think there is such a thing as too much fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:40 pm 
230 Mike

Wow, that's going to be a very sweet boat! Congratulations and welcome!

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:24 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Congratulations. It is great to get into boating with a young child. It will become a family/friends event for years to come. It was the best thing we ever did. My kids and their friends always wanted to hang out with us. Boating is a tremendous family event that will change your life !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:06 pm 
Seahorse

Congrats on the new boat, the waiting is the bad part.
I'm still waitng for mine and then I have to wait for warm weather

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:46 pm 
2007 200 Horiz

Congrats Matt on the new ride. We are in the same situation as you are. We just bought a 200 Horizon and are currently waiting for the delivery.

You will have to post some pics of the new beauty and let all of us know how the first time out goes!!

I have found that there are a lot people here that are more than willing to help with all type of questions, so ask away.

Once again CONGRATS!!

Post subject: Congrats
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:21 pm 
I fix stuff

Congrats Matt.

You'll love that machine. We picked our 203 f/s last season, a great little boat. Would have prefered a center console or walkaround, but had to make the wife happy as well. We went with the VP5 liter. But wish I had the extended swim platform, maybe later this season :wink:

And the tadem trailer makes a huge differnce, good choice. Let me know if you have any questions about that model.

What part of country are you in?

Way

2001 CBR1100XX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:13 pm 
Tadpole

Thank you all for the warm welcome...just picked up a plate for the trailer today and now just have to wait till the 22nd to pick her up. And if I have any questions I'll be sure to ask you guys first...

Waytooslow I'm from Bonnyville Alberta...way up here in Canada...so even after I get the boat I still have to wait a couple months for the ice to melt lol...

But usually the lakes in my area are clear by early May...just in time for tournament fishing starting in June.

Passing the time at work at the moment doing research as to which Walleye tournaments I can get into this season.... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:12 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Welcome to the wonderful world of boating. When you say, "I own a boat", it's not just about a hole in the water that you through money into or "B.O.A.T, Bank On Another Thousand". It's about the wonderful people you meet while boating, who share your same passion for being on the water. Boating isn't just a thing you own and put int he water, it's a way of life.

Congrats on the new boat and I wish you many safe, warm, dry, wonderful, problem free days.