www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:06 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Glad to hear everything went well. Definitely need pictures...

We had similar weather here today, so I had to take the afternoon off and take the family for a cruise also. Even remembered the plug.

When we were pulling out of the ramp, another guy with a 180 Freedom took his bow strap off prematurely and bounced his boat right off of the bunks. He's lucky it landed in the water, but it sure made a racket.

What motor did you get in your 180? We have the 4.3 and I was suprised at the power. It fired up and ran smooth right off the bat, but I ran it on muffs last night just to start it for the first time of the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:05 am 

i got the 3.0 volvo. it ran great once it warmed up. i think the water temp had a little to do with it too i had to walk into the water and man was it cold my feet were numb for awhile. i'm gonna try to get some nice pics up today or tomorrow. though being computer illiterate i don't know how to post the pic on the forum so i'll post a link to my yahoo site

ive seen some pretty crazy stuff at boat ramps i'm just glad that guys boat made it to the water. i've witnessed others that haven't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:13 pm 

I hear you with the water temp. We went out again today on a different lake and I had to get wet when launching. I'd say the temp was about 50 or so.

It would have been a perfect day to swim if the water was warmer, but we just cruised around and ate lunch on board.

I had a little trouble getting the boat to sit right on the bunks when retrieving, but eventually we got it right.

I averaged 12 mpg today pulling at 65 for about 15 miles. One thing I noticed is that starting out on uphill grades is not my friend. Otherwise, once I get going, it goes well and most importantly stopping is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:20 am 

we are heading out this morning to go for a little cruise hopefully i can get the boat warmed up a little better before we head out. the sales person was kinda impatient the other day.

my ride home from the marina fri was about 2 hours and we averaged about 12.8 mpg not bad i guess. now when your towing do you leave the truck in OD or take it out? i took it out on the back roads and left it in on the highway the truck shifted great stayed in 5th gear the whole time unless i gased it a little like i said i was impressed at how it did

here are a couple pics of the boat and truck you have to click on all photos and feel free to check them all out

http://photos.yahoo.com/serspecv2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:16 pm 

I turned off OD all of the time. Towing at 65 I was at 2500 RPM, so I should be OK there.

Nice looking setup, I see you have the standard seating too. I originally wanted the sport seating, but after using it, I'm glad we have the standard.

I need to have a bimini installed yet, the one you have is the one that I want because of the short legs to support it when trailering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:02 am 

robbo3, I believe those are just called "trailering legs" and they can be used on any FW Horizon bimini. Your dealer should have them for you, they should come with a new horizon.

2004 Ford Explorer Limited (V8-AWD)
Pomme de Terre Lake (Southwest Missouri)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:41 pm 

i agree about the standard seating it just gives you a lot more room though i think the sport seating looks better but is not as "user friendly" i guess you could say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:02 am 
2007 200 Horiz

4WINNS4ME wrote:
i agree about the standard seating it just gives you a lot more room though i think the sport seating looks better but is not as "user friendly" i guess you could say

I just dont like how much room, floor area, you loss with the Sport. Having dogs walk around the Standard is perfect. Also allows an easier spotter than always turning the port side chair around.

Each to their own :roll: