www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:48 pm 
McLovin

Okay, So i took my fourwinns 180 out for the first real time. I only got to put like 2 hours on it before it rained a few weeks ago. So i figured why not go for a nice cruise on the SF bay. So we go out and all is great. Then we go out to pacbell park and then out around some new areas we havent seen before to just check out thebay. Then we get into a area and notice that the water is kinda muddy so turn around. Too late!!!!! Im burried in mud, trim the drive up and still burried. Then the engine starts to overheat. So i shut it down and there remove the raw water pump hose. Muddy water, but no solid mud. Then i try to blow through it. Cant, So i remove the hose from the other side of the cooler for the powersteering and clean it with freash water and blow through it. Ok got that much clean. Then i remove the hose from the cooler to the outdrive on the inside of the boat. Huge chunks of mud, clean that out and try to blow through, No good. Then i get into the water, remove the instake grates and clean that out. still cant blow through it. So i remove the negative battery cable and use it to snake through and clean it out. Still cant blow through. So then i remove the hose clamp that actually attatches to the outdrive on the outside and remove the hose. cleaned it out and finally the whole system was clean and you can blow easily through the system. After 2 hours in the water and everything was clean iddle it out and all was ok. Messy but ok. SO now that im back and ready to get the boat out of the water and the trailer wheels are locked up. I have no idea why so i check the emergency tab and i cant pull it down. So i call the dealer and they actually sent someone out with a loaner trailer and all. Awesome service from Ultimate Watersports in Livermore. They found that the emergency trailer brakes were engaged, But i couldn't disengage it i pryed it really hard down and the guy said he had to really pry down and almost broke the screwdriver. Oh well a very interesting day on the bay but all seems good now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:00 am 
230 Mike

Funny, when the dealer lays all the stories on you about all the priceless boating memories you'll make, they never tell you about these times. Look at it this way: you're now an official boater :x .

Seriously, it sounds like no harm done, so it's all good. Sorry for your trouble though!

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:04 am 
Mental Floss

I have routinly cleaned my bottom on the sand around here. Fortunately I've not ever encountered the oyster rocks. Welcome to boating! In a couple of months you'll have forgotten all about it.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:58 pm 
email admin your custom rank

ouch that stinks man atleast everything is ok coulda been worse i guess. there wasn/t any damage done to the prop or anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:47 pm 
McLovin

well it was just mud so the prop just got a nice polishing LOL. But hey went wakeboarding today and my dad wrapped my 100 dollar tow rope in the prop LOL. man this is a learning weekend i will tell ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:06 pm 
email admin your custom rank

just one thing after another atleast its all small stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:16 am 
2007 200 Horiz

But there is always a postive to things....at least you where on the water and not in the office!