www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sport seating removal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:40 pm 
Shark

Has anyone ever removed the rear seating area on a Horizon with sport seating. I love the seating on my '96 Horizon 200 but working a the engine would be a lot easier if the seat back bulkhead could be removed. What has to be removed in what order?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:55 pm 
Guppy

njlarry609 wrote:
Has anyone ever removed the rear seating area on a Horizon with sport seating. I love the seating on my '96 Horizon 200 but working a the engine would be a lot easier if the seat back bulkhead could be removed. What has to be removed in what order?

I have removed the seat, but it's been awhile. It's not really difficult, and it does make access to the engine much easier.

The only strange part is where the side bolsters and the seat meet in the corners. The vinyl overlaps. So you have to carefully peel the vinyl back, gently pulling loose the staples for a foot or so. Then you have access to the underlying fasteners. In short, keep gently pulling until you find and remove all the fasteners in the floor and along the sides. When you reassemble the seat you'll need to restaple the vinyl where it overlaps. Sorry this is so vague, but you'll get the hang of it. Just take it slow and try to be patient. I've long since lost my notes, and my memory ain't what it used to be.

Be sure and save the fasteners in baggies labeled by location, as it's sometimes just long enough with everything apart to forget where the fasteners went... a few notes made when disassembling will save a lot of grief when it comes time to reassemble.

Good luck. Like I said earlier, it's not too difficult, just requires a little patience. Look at it this way, once you've done it the first time, you're an EXPERT. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:33 am 
Shark

Thanks for the heads up. If I have to remove staples I think I'll leave them alone and work on the engine as is.