www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My 07 Horizon 180 Saga!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:18 pm 
Minnow

Hello all....I recently purchased a new 07 Horizon 180 back in early February. It has all the bells and whistles with the 3.0L Volvo/Penta. I was supposed to take delivery at the end of March. So...the day before I receive a call that the dealer is having trouble fine tuning the carb; their solution was to simply replace the carb at no charge. No big deal, as the weather was still crappy here in CT! Additionally, they gave me a 6 year warranty free of charge for any inconvenience.

Two days later, I get another call stating that the new carb made the motor run even worse! The dealer then diagnosed further and determined the number 4 cylinder had a small crack in it (water stains on cyl wall). So they ordered a brand new crate motor at no charge. Finally I get the call I can come get the boat this past Saturday. Great because it was going to be the only nice day for the next week!

When I showed up for the parking lot demo, I noticed the depth sounder that I wanted was still not installed. So another delay, but this time only 2 hours. I kill some time and come back, only to find they are still not done. An hour later waiting around again, the dealership gave me an O'Brien Tube and rope for the boat at no cost for simply being inconvenienced yet again!

Later that afternoon I finally made it to the water and got to run the boat in choppy water and chilly temps for about an hour. With opening day for fishing starting this weekend, at least I got that much time!

Overall I can’t say enough good things about G&R Marine of South Windsor CT; they have been awesome considering the circumstances! This is my third boat, first Four Winns..hope better times are ahead for me.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:13 pm 
McLovin

Hey my new boat didnt even have the correct seating in it LOL. Depth finder took then two weeks to put in and there is still a list but hey it's ok just gotta relax and enjoy the water :) there will be little things that pop up just make your list and when you arent using the boat drop it off for your service.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:22 pm 
Andiamo

rad1two wrote:
Hello all....I recently purchased a new 07 Horizon 180

Overall I can’t say enough good things about G&R Marine of South Windsor CT; they have been awesome considering the circumstances! This is my third boat, first Four Winns..hope better times are ahead for me.....

Congratulations on your new Four Winns! I am sorry for the troubles you have had, but glad that G&R came thru for you. I think they do a good job.

Enjoy and Best of Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:37 pm 
Minnow

BTW this is the boat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:06 pm 
McLovin

Very nice i like the top and the canvas. What seating did you get?>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:39 pm 
Minnow

Standard Seating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:11 pm 
McLovin

i got the standard seating too. looks like it isnt a popular option but i like it alot. My motorbox doesnt really fit that good but o well i am sure they will fix it hahaha. told you it never ends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:44 am 
Andiamo

rad1two wrote:
BTW this is the boat!

Sweet! Best of Luck and Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:00 am 
2007 200 Horiz

[quote="rad1two"]BTW this is the boat!

Congrats on the new boat. We received ours little over three weeks and already have to drop it off. The depth sounder, which i have heard is a constant issue, the engine and a few little thigns around the boat.

However, the dealer hasnt even suggested anything but a complete fix and a loaner for the weekend it is to be fixed. Dealers and Four Winns really stand behind their products. I couldnt be happier!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:46 am 
Sting Ray

Sounds like your dealer is taking care of you in spite of some difficult circumstances. Congrats on the new boat. Summer is almost hear, and all the rough times will fade away....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:10 pm 
230 Mike

Very common to have a few kinks to work out with a new boat. We had things on & off all through the first season and a sizeable gel coat repair at the beginning of the second (a manufacturing defect, not owner damage). It's the nature of the beast, non unique to any manufacturer, and one of the reasons why many recommend always buying a boat that's a couple of years old.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:51 pm 
2007 200 Horiz

230 Mike wrote:
Very common to have a few kinks to work out with a new boat. We had things on & off all through the first season and a sizeable gel coat repair at the beginning of the second (a manufacturing defect, not owner damage). It's the nature of the beast, non unique to any manufacturer, and one of the reasons why many recommend always buying a boat that's a couple of years old.

Yeah I can see buying a used boat, but where would the fun be in not gaining all of this great knowledge?

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:36 pm 
Minnow

My first boat was a 2000 16' Fisher with a 50hp 4 Stroke Merc; boat was a nice boat, but not a lot of room...still no issues. Traded that in for a 2001 18' Stingray w/3.0 Volvo Penta; no issues, very fast boat, great entry level boat.

I realize new boats as well as old will have issues...I just wanted to share my experience with you all. The dealership believes this may be an issue with the new Volvo design...they rambled on and on about the specifics, and I'm sorry I don’t remember them all - I just wanted to take the boat out! :)

I will post some more images when the RAIN stops here in CT....

BTW - I like the standard seating, seems to be more room, especially when fishing; I had the same layout in my Stingray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:26 pm 
McLovin

Yea the standard seating leaves much more room and I love it. I have no idea why people just arent getting it? Oh well, any plans on a tower?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:38 am 
Minnow

No plans for a tower...