www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:21 am 
email admin your custom rank

Can't believe it took me this long to find this site, but WOW what a great site. I put money down on a brand new 220 Horizon at a boat show in late January, did the sea trial the first weekend in March, and it supposedly went into production yesterday. Dealer says first or second week of May. I've read some of the other posts from you guys who have just gotten your boats and I am SO JEALOUS! This has been the longest 3 months of my life!

Anyone got any insight as to whether Four Winns will email pictures of the boat in production phases? I know some manufacturers do this for their customes, but don't know if FW does.

Thanks, and I'll get some pics of some kind on here after I get my hands on it and maybe sleep in it for a few nights. :D

2004 Ford Explorer Limited (V8-AWD)
Pomme de Terre Lake (Southwest Missouri)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:26 am 
2007 200 Horiz

Congrats on the new boat and welcome!!
And no you don't get build pictures, I asked the same question. :roll:

We just got our 200 three weeks ago and with the crazy weather only been out three times...which is really hard to handle.

Make sure to get some pics posted once you get her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:36 am 

Thanks! I'm hoping we get it soon. Can't take much more of this! My dad bought a new pontoon boat, took delivery on March 20th, and has had to park it in storage ever since. Hasn't even been out on it yet. Don't know if I'd rather be him or me. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:12 pm 
230 Mike

Hey Pet, welcome! Man, what are the odds of finding another Pomme boater here! What part of KC do you live in and how long you been boating at PDT? I bet you and I have the only two Four Winns that lake ever sees. Who is your dealer?

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:30 pm 

Thanks, Mike! You probably don't recognize my username, but I recognize yours from the TBM boards. I'm new to that forum, too, but I probably won't be over there much now that I have found this forum-which was really what I have been looking for all along.

Didn't realize you went to Pomme in looking at your info-had you figured for a Table Rock guy. I live in Lee's Summit, grew up in South KC. We've been going to PDT for almost 25 years! I own a little piece of land at the very tip of Galmey Cove at PDT, but we don't have a dock there or use that cove due to all the stobs and dead trees in that cove. Launch/retrieve at Harbor Marina at the dam (even though Wheatland is closer-we store our boat indoors right near the dam).

You're right about the FW at PDT thing. When we were shopping, we were looking at Cobalt, Sea Ray, FW, and Crownline because of how nice and reputable they all are. Cobalt went bye-bye because of $$, Sea Ray a similar deal, but just because they are overpriced anymore, and Crownline because that is all I see at PDT and I just didn't want to be another speck on the map of the lake. I think that is just because Bruce Marine here in KC is a Crown dealer, and there is another up at Lake Viking, outside of Cameron, MO. Hoping to stand out at least a little when it is time to cove out for a few hours in a cove full of Crown's. Am hoping someone will appreciate its beauty and ask about it. Would be nice to see a few different brands down there. So, FW it is! I am SO excited to get it. I am dreading that 20-hour break in, though, because I am ready to start wakeboarding season TODAY.

My brother is also buying the exact boat (a pair of 220 Horizons heading to PDT!), but he is more of a Stockton guy. He camps and stores down there, but I hope to talk him into returning to PDT in the next few years. Do you go to PDT often? If so, where/what part? We spend a lot of time in Decker's Cove, but my wife and I really like the Bolivar end too. Started spending more and more time in Stinking Creek Cove in the last year or two. Beautiful part of the lake, and a lot less traffic.

We bought it from Village Marina, at LOZ. When I saw your location, I was wondering who your dealer is? I think KC Boats is a FW dealer, but I know they don't have a FW showroom. I guess if I see a FW down there, I'll suspect it is you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:03 pm 
230 Mike

Hiya Pet. Actually in two years of boating we only got over to PDT for the first time last summer. My wife practically grew up there, her family had a boat and RV over there for years when she was a kid. My family was always more into Perry and Stockton.

It won't be the last time. With younger kids we can't go there every time; as much as we love the fact that there's nobody there and nothing else to do, they'd go crazy if we went there every weekend. Also we don't have a place there, for now we have to stay someplace and of course that gets expensive. Our neighbors have a place there and they've offered to let us use it, but we haven't taken them up on it yet. Maybe this summer.

We've spent a week each summer at Table Rock, condo, slip, etc., and really enjoyed that, but it usually ends up being one of the busier weeks and that lake gets pretty rough. Sure is beautiful, though.

I'd *love* to get to Stockton this year. I know a couple of co-workers who keep their boats there, including my old boss who has a 34' sailboat slipped there, and from what I understand it's as beautiful and almost as calm as it was when I was a kid. One of the issues there is that as far as I can tell, there's *no* place to stay there unless you have a place or want to camp.

At the time we bought (3/05), there were only two choices for Four Winns, Lakeport Marina at LOTO and Boat House & RV Center in Topeka. We went down to Lakeport, and put a deposit on an in-stock 230 (now 240). However, to make a long story short we wound up buying from Boat House instead and I'm very glad we did. We had a few warranty issues and I'm really glad I didn't have to tow the boat all the way to LOTO (where we don't even boat) to get that stuff taken care of, and of course now they've been bought out and closed. We wound up saving a LOT of money buying from BHRV instead, and were able to order exactly the boat we wanted whereas LP could only sell what they had left in stock. So it worked out well for us.

For day trips - which is most of our boating - we just go to Perry. It's not an outstanding lake, but they've got the best ramp we've ever found, it tends to not be too busy at the times we go, and we've had some great times there.

We'll have to try to hook up at PDT sometime this summer!

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject: your new 220H
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:24 pm 
Shark

Welcome aboard Pet!! You are gonna love that new toy!! I bought my very first boat ever last summer and chose the 2006 220H. We had it out all last summer and had a blast with it. As for this year....I finally had a chance to take her out last week for her first run of the year and it felt great!! Looking forward to another great summer with the 220....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:01 pm 

Hey Law, what kind of seating did you get? Do you have the mediterranean pads on the sun deck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:07 am 

Well, the wait continues. Just talked to the dealer yesterday, and he says the build date is now tomorrow (4/26) after originally telling me 4/16. I guess this means I might be looking at as late as May 15-20 to get my boat. Was hoping to have a weekend to get everything smoothed out before Memorial Day Weekend. Not the weekend I had in mind for getting acquainted. Listen to me crying like a 2 year-old... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:14 am 
2007 200 Horiz

I can empathize with you and I felt your pain when I was waiting for our delivery, so I wouldn’t worry about sounding like a kid. We want our toy now and we do not want to wait for it, why does it matter that it was over 50k? :lol: :roll: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:31 am 

Thanks for the shoulder to sob on. I guess I'm just feeling a little frustration over my having ordered this boat on March 10th with the thought that I was working ahead of the game, would have it earlier than needed, and would have time to get it just how I wanted it and halfway ran-in before the bulk of the season came on.

There are a lot worse problems to have, though. Just this time last year I was dealing with a 35 year-old I/O with a 4CYL Chevy carbed engine in it that just didn't want to run right all summer. Or I could be dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:47 am 
2007 200 Horiz

HA! Yeah at least you are getting the boat at the beginning of the season, might not have a lot of prep time for it, but the timing could be a lot worse. 'Knock on wood' that they don't change the date again.

I had a build date of March 8th, pushed to March 16th and picked it up March 30th. So hope that helps on your time frame!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:58 am 

Thanks for the info on the build date. I'm dreading a phone call from the dealer pushing it back again. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Interesting info from the dealer yesterday, though. Dealer said that it would probably be 10 days from build date before it hits their lot, then they go to work on it for a few days to get it ready for me. Not surprising, from what I've seen on this site it is 4-5 days to build it-no problem there in my mind.

Their problem is that they got hit with an ice storm this winter at Lake of the Ozarks (Missouri) that damaged a lot of their docks, so they had a lot of their service department working on facility repair rather than boat repair over the past few months. Apparently their service work is backlogged due to this, which means that it may sit on their lot for a few weeks before they prep it for me. Not sure I'd want my people giving that info out if I was the GM or owner of the dealer, but now I have that info. Maybe I'll get a free paddle out of the deal or something (which I hope to never use!). :lol:

I really hope they're overshooting me here just to be safe, and will really have it to me sooner than it sounds. Last thing I want is a delivery on Memorial Day Weekend. In my 25+ years of boating experience, I've seen a rain-free Memorial Day Weekend maybe 4-5 times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:02 am 
2007 200 Horiz

Yeah they might be adding a few days in there to cover themselves for that what if part. But you mgiht also be thinking to indepth about it, just sit back and wait for her to come in. The phone call will happen before you know it!

And make sure to get a couple of pictures !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:06 am 

Normally I'm the voice of reason. Now I know what it feels like to have someone like me around! You're absolutely right, I will just relax and everything will be fine. I fell in love with this boat at a late January show and knew right then I was buying it. Next to the 4 months before I turned 21, these have been the longest 4 months of my life.