www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Our first Adventure
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:20 am 
email admin your custom rank

well sunday was the only day we could take the boat for a cruise sat. i cleaned her up. we started out heading to a lake only to find out the ramps were closed. i think because of the high water level. so we drive another 30-40 min to the second lake which was open we launch the boat and everything is fine. it ran great with four people and our 8 month old daughter. everything was going good until we tried to load it back on the trailer all of a sudden the boat will not go into forward or reverse. the throttle cable clip broke so the cable was just dangling we had to throw a rope to people on shore and have them pull us in. so i'm bronging the boat back today to fix that among other stuff. we'll see how it goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:49 am 
2007 200 Horiz

Sorry to hear about the last lag of your trip, but how was it out on the water???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:04 pm 
The Bug Doctor

:o Keep us informed on how your Dealer and FW handle your concerns. :x

I have had my share of problems also!!!

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat

http://www.seabrook-services.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:23 pm 

well i just droped the boat off today and they are taking care of the problems there aren't any major problems like i said the cable clip just broke so they will fix that they are also going to replace the engine hatch cover spring adjusting the carb and the trim gauge and fixing some scratches so we'll see what happens when they are finished. i did get away with some free cleaning products as well as 2 more life jackets. and they said if there is anything else i need to let them know they seemed really concerned about my issues.

but as far as on the water it was a great couple of hour the boat ran and handled very well i also got to hit a few decent wakes from other boats which were handled great all in all so far i'm happy with it minus the minor problems i have had

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:33 pm 

At least you were able to take it out and take advantage of the great weather last weekend.

Glad to see that your issues are being handled right away and that you got freebies to boot :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:31 pm 

well i got some info back on the boat and turns out the clip on the throttle cable which i thought was the problem isn't the case at all. they fixed the clip and found that the boat still wont go into reverse the problem is the outdrive itself. which had a manufacturers defect in one of the bearings or gears they took pictures and sent them to volvo the drive also was full of oil so they don't know what happened the entire outdrive is being replacedand not rebuilt so much for a minor problem. so i don't know when i'm getting the boat back. the dealer said they are going to do what they can to make up for the inconvience and were very sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:20 pm 

Well i pick the boat up again tomorrow hopefully this time i'll be able to drive it more than an hour. they replaced to outdrive and fixed all the rest of the minor issues i had. she should be all set now only 18 hours left on the breakin period

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:46 pm 

Hopefully it will be nice for you this weekend to get it out and put some of your break-in time in.

Current boat: 2011 Yamaha AR210
Previous boat: 1998 Horizon RX 4.3GL SX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm 
The Bug Doctor

:( Welcome to the world of Four Winns ownership :!: :!:

I am on my second season with 17 hours!

:roll: I hope they have gotten all of the gremlims out :oops: :oops: :oops:

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat

http://www.seabrook-services.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:56 am 
Andiamo

bugsdoc1 wrote:
:( Welcome to the world of Four Winns ownership :!: :!:

I am on my second season with 17 hours!

I think you mean "Welcome to the World of Boating" As far as Four Winns goes, I think you will find that relatively speaking they are less problematic than many other brands!

Also, 17Hours in Season 1???? You gotta crank that thing up and log a lot more hours than that to make that investment pay off!!! Let's Go Boating! :D :D 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:21 pm 

i am very eager to get her back on the water too bad i'm busy this weekend. my friends that i havn't seen in a long time are coming down from NH on Saturday and Sunday we are going house hunting. but i cleaned it all up again when i got home today so its ready to go. the shifter feels a lot better than before they water tested it and said it shifts great so we'll see. i'm not sweating any of this stuff i'm just glad it was under warranty. its just my luck anyway whatever i buy a boat, car, anything its bound to break