www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New member
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:34 pm 
Guppy

I bought a 92 Horizon 190 LE last spring and I have a few questions. I have read post on here that refer to a "hooked boat". I am a lttle concerned because on my trailer the bunks only extend to about 5" from the end of the hull. I am worried because I feel like the boat does not perform well at all. It seems to be very weak, it has the 190 hp OMC and while thats not a super powerful engine it should be enough. I don't know the exact hrs on the engine but I know it has low hrs. The boat itself is in very good condition and the motor especially seems very clean but does not have much power. All my friends say its just my prop but I don't think so. How can I tell if my hull is hooked? I took a ruler to it and it seems strait but then again I really did't know what I was doing. If the boat is hooked how can I tell. Sorry for rambling but I sure am glad I found this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:33 am 
230 Mike

Well, two things:

1. This doesn't sound like a hook problem. A hook is more likely to cause poor handling than poor power. Can you be more specific about your performance concerns? What are the maximum speed and RPM's you can get the boat up to? Do you know if the boat has the stock prop on it, and what prop is it? There are lots of stories of people buying a used boat, being disappointed in its performance, and discovering that a previous owner thought he was a prop expert and put a completely wrong prop on it.

2. Regardless of the above, if your transom is overhanging your bunks by 5", you should investigate replacing your bunks IMO.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic