Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:35 pm 
230 Mike

ShanMan14 wrote:
Txjole wrote:
I hope you guys have better luck then I. I put about 6k miles on my trailer last year (its first year). Seen everything from broken welds, holes rubbed in brake lines and broken winch gears.

Wow, I'm glad that hasn't been my experience. We've had good luck with ours.

Yeah, I think I'd be all over the dealer insisting on a replacement trailer. There's no excuse for that kind of stuff, and I don't think it's typical.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:06 am 
Forty six and Two

Im always surprised to see all the differant styles of trailers that come with fourwinns. Even at the boat show almsot identical boats have differant trailers and differant axle setups etc.... Next to my boat in the yard was a the same boat differant colors with a tandum axle trialer, mine is a single, asked them about it and the dealer said that boat came that way form the factory either way is fine...I did get the gatorhide with mine though and its pretty nice.....

73 International Scout II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:05 pm 
Narwhal

Architectdave wrote:
Im always surprised to see all the differant styles of trailers that come with fourwinns. Even at the boat show almsot identical boats have differant trailers and differant axle setups etc.... Next to my boat in the yard was a the same boat differant colors with a tandum axle trialer, mine is a single, asked them about it and the dealer said that boat came that way form the factory either way is fine...I did get the gatorhide with mine though and its pretty nice.....

For the 200H Four Winns has quite a variety of trailers to choose from (as options). The color matched single axle trailer is standard, the tandem is an option as well as GatorHyde, and a Rugged Duty towing package (heavier duty tires and electric breaks). I suspect that those that are not satisfied with their trailers were for some reason not offered these choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:51 am 
email admin your custom rank

Jim_R wrote:
Architectdave wrote:

For the 200H Four Winns has quite a variety of trailers to choose from (as options). The color matched single axle trailer is standard, the tandem is an option as well as GatorHyde, and a Rugged Duty towing package (heavier duty tires and electric breaks). I suspect that those that are not satisfied with their trailers were for some reason not offered these choices.

Not true. For the first 2 weeks I had the boat I had the tandom SS package trailer. It was hard to get in my garage so I went to a single axle trailer. Thinking was my boat was going to stay on my lift in a slip. After getting out of the go fast boat I figured I can drag this little boat around till the cruiser is in the fleet. I'm about 6-7k mile on the trailer now. Took it to a friend of mine at Roadrunner trailers and he showed me why this trailer is not made for the long haul nor long term and why i'm having these troubles. I really wish it was, trust me. Hell it might just be mine, I wish you all the best of luck with yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:17 am 
Tadpole

I went with the tandem axle trailer because the single was only rated for 5000 lbs(7000 lbs for the tandem) and the boat/trailer comb. was over 4000 dry. I have pulled both single and tandem axle trailers over a lot of miles and the tandem is by far the best for handling. So far the trailer is flawless, but only time will tell how it holds up. My comment about the trailer refered to the ease of loading the boat at the ramp. I only do day trips, so I launch and retrieve each time. I have helped put many boats onto trailers and sometimes it goes like clockwork and sometimes.....how should I put it?.....well it does not. My last trailer was a particular brat. This combination of the 200 (2007) and the tandem trailer works great. Just winch up and it centers beautifully. One last thing, the rear strap tie downs that attach beside the leg and go staight down to the trailer without touching the hull was a realy good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:45 pm 
Shark

I have only two complaints about my FW trailer. It is not galvanized and dosen't have sure lube spindles. They are great, easy to reload the bearings with fresh grease and no danger of blowing a rear seal. Every thing else rocks.