www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:14 pm 
Minnow

Finally got the 1989 H200 out today. My manifold leaked water, I have an impressive exhaust leak, and it doesn't want to idle. I guess I'll be ordering a manifold and riser update kit and pulling the carb to clean it. Running it in the shop off the hose, Ihad zero problems. By the way I blew a brake hose on my Suburban while pulling it out of the water. Gotta get back together by MemorialDay.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:47 am 
email admin your custom rank

Good luck with all your repairs, I blew a water hose pulling my boat and didn't notice, luckily this guy in a truck noticed the water before I noticed the water temp going up and I shut my engine down before any damage. 20 dollars later and I was back in business.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 pm 
Minnow

I think I have it all fixed. I upgraded to the 4" center dump manifolds with conversion kit from Dennis Moore out of Florida. I went thru the carb while I was waiting for shipping. I did some final tuning today and it sounds great. But when I adjusted the timing which was set at 2deg instead of 10deg I noticed the paint line looked as though I was the first to adjust. Could it have been set like this for the last 23 years or did the timing chain stretch, or a combination? The timing was very steady didn't bounce around much at all. Any ways we'll run it this weekend and see how it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:27 am 
email admin your custom rank

Jesse wrote:
I think I have it all fixed. I upgraded to the 4" center dump manifolds with conversion kit from Dennis Moore out of Florida. I went thru the carb while I was waiting for shipping. I did some final tuning today and it sounds great. But when I adjusted the timing which was set at 2deg instead of 10deg I noticed the paint line looked as though I was the first to adjust. Could it have been set like this for the last 23 years or did the timing chain stretch, or a combination? The timing was very steady didn't bounce around much at all. Any ways we'll run it this weekend and see how it goes.

Nobody tunes boats so you're probably the first. 2deg sounds normal for non ethanol gasoline back in the day. They were set very tame, very safe. If you're going to run modern gasoline (e10) it will run MUCH MUCH better with more aggressive timing and 1 jet size bigger then stock in the main jet. I forgot what I set my boat at but 10* doesn't sound outlandish. I actually gained more power then stock. A stock prop should redline @ 4600rpms (VP 3.0) and now I can push it past 5 (but that's not safe). I actually have to re-prop to a bigger one now to avoid future damage.

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread