www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:55 pm 
Dolphin

Bought the boat a few weeks ago and used it for about 3 hours over a few short trips. Memorial day we brought our funship to the slip and put about 9 more hours on her.
My overall thoughts, We love the boat, features and design. The low point, I was hoping for a better ride in the chop. We had a very windy day with decent chop. The funship handles well with the wind at our back but we were slammed around at low speeds going into the wind. I am hoping that we will get use to it and learn how to navigate through the cop better. However, it handled the water much better than our old 19tf stingray. We are very happy with it. I will try to attach some photos soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 am 
Starfish

Picking my 224 up this Saturday. Was it difficult getting on and off the trailer? I had a 19ft SeaRay that I could trailer by myself, since my wife can't back a trailer, I would back it in the water start it up and unhook it from the trailer and back it off, all without getting wet. I am also a little concerned that my boat lift isn't big enough. It is a DuraLift, I talked to a salesman at duralift he said I should get a bigger lift. He called my lift a Duralift 4500 but if you look on the http://www.duralift.com it is called a DuraLift 5000 I also went to another boat lift place, can't remember the name, but the owner would not even let me look at any of his lifts telling my lift is big enough and can actually lift 6000lbs. with no problems. Do you know anything about boat lifts? Anywys, getting excited for the weekend hope its nice.

2008 FS 5.7ltr 300HP DP
2007 Yukon Denali
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ
1995 Polaris 650

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:45 am 
Minnow

bowlboundgman,
Oddly trimming the drive down on ours has a negative effect on the ride going directly into wind driven lake chop. On ours I found that keeping the bow up and running at low planing speed, about 18 mph, into wind driven chop provides the best ride.