www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trailering and Boat Lift
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:13 pm 
Starfish

Picking my 224 up this Saturday. Was it difficult getting on and off the trailer? I had a 19ft SeaRay that I could trailer by myself, since my wife can't back a trailer, I would back it in the water start it up and unhook it from the trailer and back it off, all without getting wet. I am also a little concerned that my boat lift isn't big enough. It is a DuraLift, I talked to a salesman at duralift he said I should get a bigger lift. He called my lift a Duralift 4500 but if you look on the http://www.duralift.com it is called a DuraLift 5000 I also went to another boat lift place, can't remember the name, but the owner would not even let me look at any of his lifts telling my lift is big enough and can actually lift 6000lbs. with no problems. Does anybody know anything about boat lifts? Anywys, getting excited for the weekend hope its nice.

2008 FS 5.7ltr 300HP DP
2007 Yukon Denali
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ
1995 Polaris 650

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:31 pm 
Dolphin

I too had no problem with my 19' stingray but I am having trouble with my 224. I have only trailed our 224 3 times. It is now in a slip. I did have a great deal of trouble the first time. When I finally did get it on it was uneven. I was told that the issue was our trailer was too in too deep. Our second time, I did not have the trailer in as deep in the water and it went on very easy but it was not even. The chine of the boat was resting on the bunk. I backed the boat in the water and used the dock line to center it as the boat was being pulled from the water, I talked to my dealer and he thought that my trailer was still too deep. I have had no issues taking it off the trailer. It is a great boat. We only have 10 hours on ours. I would be happy to help with any 224 questions you may have.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:06 am 
Minnow

We keep our boat on a trailer at our marina. I have retrieved our boat singlehandedly on occasion. The only times I had centering issues was when the trailer was in too deep. Our trailer was custom built but the layout is simmilar to a Four Winns trailer. Our trailer does not have the vertical guide bunks at the rear and I have never missed having them (our previous boat and trailer did have them).

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am 
Starfish

Thanks for the info. Picking my 224 up Sat. The marina is taking me on the water for a 2hour demo period, I hope it doesn't take that long. I have been boating for 20 years and I have driven an 06 204 so I don't exactly know waht they are going to show me for these 2 hours. I will definetly watch them trailer the boat to see exactly how its done and see if they have any trouble getting centered.

2008 FS 5.7ltr 300HP DP
2007 Yukon Denali
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ
1995 Polaris 650