www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2002 Funship 234
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:43 pm 
Tadpole

I've had my Funship since I bought it new in 2002. What a great boat and a good time for the family and friends. However, I do have a problem with the gelcoat. In the 2003 season I started to get a lot of cracking in the gelcoat, especially under hardware. Fourwinns had pulled the franchise from the four (4) dealers in Missouri and given it to just one that was not convenient. Fourwinns was not particularly helpful but did finally send it to a fiberglass repair shop where it spent the winder of 2004-2005. Apparently, in the early 2000's the gelcoat was very brittle. I've been told none of the hardward on my boat was countersunk as they must have been in a hurry to get mine off the production line. Now the cracks are appearing again. I know gelcoat is thin and its only cosmetic, but it looks terrible. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any suggestions? I love the boat and it does everything we want it to do so I hate to sell it. Also, the dealer in Missouri that had the franchise has now given it up and no one can tell me who will pick up Fourwinns.

Post subject: The problem continues
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:49 pm 
Tadpole

An update on the gelcoat problem. It continues to crack around fittings and under the windshield. The new dealer for Four Winns in Missouri tells me the boat is too old to fix. They maintain this even though the problem started the first year I owned the boat. Four Winns refuses to return my phone calls. I've had to file a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General's Office for failure to complete warranty work. As a result of my experience I cannot recommend Four Winns. Customer satisfaction is not a priority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:25 am 
ShanMan

I'm sorry your experience has not been a positive one. I am not gloating here, but I must say your experience seems to be the exception more than the rule. Please see my thread about AC. I've been in contact with the factory via email and phone and they have been very helpful.

Again, sorry for your gelcoat problems. :(

http://vista278.com