www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:12 pm 
Seahorse

I have posted a couple of times but this is my first formal greeting.

It's great to find a Four Winns Forum to read about all the different ways to enjoy your toys.
I am new to boating, so this should be a great summer! I look forward to learning from everyone on here.

Now my first attempt at pics.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:14 pm 
Seahorse

One more with the Camper Canvas on it.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:32 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Welcome aboard JCF - great looking boat! Can't recall a Funship with a tower before - looks cool.

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:40 pm 

Gosh thats a great looking boat!

Of course I'm a little biased since its my boats twin... even the trailer is identical. I don't have the tower or the camper canvas though.

I noticed the "Four Winns" emblem on the sides of your boat are mounted quite a bit more forward than mine are for whatever reason...

Where are you located?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:47 pm 

Welcome, and great looking boat. I like the tower also - is it a Four Winns, or aftermarket?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:38 am 
Seahorse

Thanks everyone,

I'm in Colorado, and have only had it out once so far this year, the weather is being stubborn so far. We actually had some rain/snow last night...come on summer

The tower came installed from the factory as far as I can tell. I bought it new from the dealer and I really like the look of it.

Kvou812, mine is an 09 and I think yours is an 08? Maybe they changed the positioning from year to year? I'm really glad we got this one, the F204 is no more for 2010. Your boat is sweet and we are trying to come up with a good name for it. "Stand on it" is a cool one.

I have been reading the LED projects going on in the electrical forum, some nice setups and ideas, I have two on board LED's, one in the bow and one in the stern, I think some extra accent lights would look sweet. And I have two unused switches already in the dash.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:35 pm 

congratulations, and welcome aboard! Is that factory canvas too? I just got the camper setup, and it attaches to the top of the windshield, so looks a bit different. Yours may feel a little roomier that way, though.

Looking good! Hope you get to enjoy it soon!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 am 

Quote:
Kvou812, mine is an 09 and I think yours is an 08? Maybe they changed the positioning from year to year? I'm really glad we got this one, the F204 is no more for 2010. Your boat is sweet and we are trying to come up with a good name for it. "Stand on it" is a cool one.

Thanks. "Black Widow" was my second choice for a name...lol. Yeah, mine is an 08', but I bought in new last July - it was a holdover... I only have 13 hours on it. The only differences I know of from 08' to 09' are the courtesy lights being changed to LEDs in 09', and all the grab handles in the 09's are chrome where the 08's are beige vinyl covered.

I too was disappointed that the F204 was disscontinued, seems like it would be a real popular size. As for your "Four Winns" being mounted in a different spot... it probably depended on the person who was applying them on any given day at the factory... I doubt there are any precise measurements on exactly where they are to be stuck on...lol

Quote:
I have been reading the LED projects going on in the electrical forum, some nice setups and ideas, I have two on board LED's, one in the bow and one in the stern, I think some extra accent lights would look sweet. And I have two unused switches already in the dash.

I had 2 standard courtesy lights in mine, one on the driver's side and one in the rear. I added 2 more, 1 in the front/bow section, and one on the passenger side and converted them all to red LEDs. I also converted all of my guage bulbs to red LEDs. I need better pictures, but you can see them below:

This is after I finished my courtesy lights... the cover is on so its not that great of a pic... I'll take a better one soon

This is my guage lights after converting to red LEDs:

I know you said you have 2 unused switches on the dash. You don't really... the first switch closest to the steering wheel is unused, however the other one powers your docking lights (headlights) at the front of the boat. For the unused switch, I use mine to power 4 superbight blue LEDs mounted under the swim platform to shine into the water at night. I'll be putting a pic of this up on here soon. In addition, I have replaced all 4 Sony speakers with Polk DB651s and I have added a Kenwood sub and amp.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:51 am 

How do you like the red leds on the dash since you put them in? Do they help as much as you would want them to?

Seems like a great idea.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:45 am 
Dolphin

Congrats on the new Funship! I have a black 224 without the tower. We love it. Good luck.

I am getting ready to add LEDs to my 224. I like the photos of the interior red leds.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:36 pm 
Seahorse

Those Red LED's look sweet, I may add a couple of more to brighten things up, I'll keep mine blue though, I also have the under swim platform blue LEDs, looking froward to seeing those in the water soon.

The Polk speakers are on the short list for sure, I have 2 two channel amps sitting in my garage doing nothing at the moment too...

Someone asked about the canvas, it is just as I got it from the dealer, we had the Camper canvas custom made so they just added some zippers to the existing one. :)