www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Headin' to Kansas!
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:07 pm 
Shark

I'm heading out tomorrow to get my 254! It is supposed to be ready, on a new Prestige trailer, Monday at 1pm. If the boat is as good as advertised, I'll have her back on Tuesday, and in the water with the family on Saturday!

From the pics, I think it looks fantastic. The engine appears to have a bit of crud or dust on it from sitting. It supposedly only has 56 hours on it, so I'm hoping its just storage dust, and that she runs like a charm. We'll find out. The dealer says he's done all the maintenance, and it is water-ready. The things he said he did match up with the advice given to me on this forum. I'd sure hate to go that far to come back empty handed. Especially after burning two personal business days off from work!

I'm confident it will work out, but you never know. I've learned so much about these Four Winns boats over the last week, I am 110% sure this is the right machine.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing so much information!

Post subject: Re: Headin' to Kansas!
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:32 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Congrats, hope it works out for you.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:19 pm 
Shark

firecadet613 wrote:
Congrats, hope it works out for you.

We'll let you know. We're in Topeka for the night, and get to see the boat tomorrow.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:38 pm 
Shark

Got the boat! Not sure how to post pics on this forum yet, but I'll have a couple of pics up when I get the chance to figure it out.

The boat looks great. I've got a few things I need to do to get her sea-worthy, but most are minor, such as replacing the bilge pump, rerouting and connecting the blower hose, and replacing the radio. The engine starts and runs great, but I want to have a mechanic give it a thorough check-up.

The only major issue is the trailer. It is a "new" 08 Prestige, and it is a beauty. The problem is that the bunks are not alligned correctly for this boat, and they don't have enough room to adjust. I'm going to take it to a really good welder and have him relocate 4 of the 6. The two outboard bunks are fine, and just need to be raised. He supposedly has quite a bit of experience in working on boat trailers, so we'll see what he says he can do. This trailer's proportions are perfect for this boat, and it doesn't strain at all to carry it. It is rated to carry over 8000lbs, so it is well under its limit with this boat. It also has all LED lighting and a spare tire. I really lucked out with the trailer, if I can get the adjustments done. I think it is a six or seven thousand dollar trailer, if I bought it myself.

Once I get all this stuff done, I can put it in the water. I'm thinking it will be about two and a half to three weeks before she gets wet.