www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Sushi those look great would they fit on my H220SS? Thanks for posting I have no idea how to PM going to try right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 am 

Jafo4U wrote:
Sushi those look great would they fit on my H220SS? Thanks for posting I have no idea how to PM going to try right now.

I installed that same set on my last boat. You are going to need to cut a hole on each side of your boat. Going by memory about 7" x 4" high. The problem with this set is that, the hole that you cut, needs to be here you want that light to shine. There are no adjustments, like a car would have. If your using them is salt water, they will rust up after one year! The LED ones are better, they are flush mounted, just drill a small hole for the wire.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:44 pm 

I have seen the LEDS and they are pretty weird looking since they mount outside the boat, I might have seen the wrong ones for my boat but that is what I remember seeing and at 200 a pop for the Leds compared to 50 or 80 dollars for the originals it seems I might keep the OEM. Do you have the LEDS on your boat I would love to see pictures to see what they look like. The rust is what ate the ones it has on it now, the screws inside and out were gone! The base is not watertight from what I can tell. My boat is coming home this weekend from the canvas shop so I will definitely be looking at the lights and making them perfect as I want everything on my boat to be working perfectly. Engine is running like a timex watch at this time and all I have to do is change the impeller and do the outdrive service on it. I changed the anodes on the outdrive and was surprised at how easy it was to do. I actually love working on my boat it is so much fun to get her running perfectly and doing the service which these marinas make seem like rocket science but is actually just like taking care of a normal car with a liittle more details to the service. My present project is replacing the radio since being a first time boat owner I was a little too liberal with the amount of water I sprayed at the cockpit area and the radio was none to happy about that. It turns on now but only if I push the face into the base and hold it there really hard. I opted to replace it with a better unit from West Marine with the connection for all of my devices that I like to use on the boat and it charges my iphone at the same time which my present model doesn't do. The horn on my boat is so crappy I hate the sound and it is working fine sounds like a volkswagon or other similar little car. I want something loud!!! so time to shell out more money on items that aren't really broken just not exactly the way I want them. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 pm 

Whenever it will be time to move up to something bigger or different from what I have now I am sure someone will be getting an awesome boat with the details that only I could think of in changing. I just received the bow cushions and brand new decals for the entire boat since one of the SS decals on the right side of the boat was scratched and when I called to get the single SS decal replaced they would only sell me the decals for the entire boat what a sham I would think this is not common for all boat manufacturers. I also have one actuator for the engine hatch that is not working so I am going to look into how to get that rebuilt which I hope I can do since the actuator seems very expensive just by looking at it. My boat is definitely living up to her name OVERTIME since that is what is being syphoned off to get her to be perfect but I am very happy with the whole process. I am learning so much as I go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:39 am 

Good for you Joe. You have discovered the beauty of boating. Spending money on things that don't need fixing :lol:
Until such time as you need to spend money on things that need fixing. That usually coincides with the cash flow depletion from spending money on the things that didn't need fixing.

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:02 am 

Tell me about it :lol: I spent the money on the decals and the bow cushions and they were really expensive and now after my lobstering fiasco the other day, when I try to start her up all I heard is the infamous CLICK, going over everything today but I noticed when I purchased the boat that their were some cells that were dry in both batteries. So worse case scenario I have to change the starter since I probably got it wet from lobstering. Hopefully it's just the batteries, Finally items I actually NEED for a change but I'm dipping into the piggy bank. 8) Joe in Miami