www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Minn Kota
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 pm 
Tadpole

Has anyone put a Minn Kota Engine mount trolling motor on their boat? I have been looking for solutions for trolling and this seems to make the most sense except I can't determine the depth from the water line to the cavitation plates on the out drive? doesn't look like there is one?
Someone on here mentioned maybe removing the ladder at the door hatch and making a bolt on bracket that you could put an 80LB thrust minn kota traxxis on, the only other option is a kicker mount but that is UGLY and would get in the way for tubing.
Anyone done anything with bow mounts on a sundowner?

Post subject: Re: Minn Kota
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:35 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I kicked around the idea of mounting one on a '95 190 Horizon and decided against it. I did not feel it would work for several reasons. Clearance when trimmed full up would likely be an issue. The drive would need to be full down to keep the electric motor and prop submerged. This could limit shallow water operation. Controlling the boat means turning the wheel and overcoming the power steering. Moving slowly may not work too well in a crosswind. It may work just fine in certain conditions, but maybe not in others. If you do this I would recommend possibly adding rod holders to help reduce how busy your hands will be.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon