www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:47 pm 
Guppy

I have a 2007 215 Sundowner and I need to replace the swim ladder. The folding ladder was damaged when I was anchored with about 2 feet of water under the boat when a jackass in a wakeboard boat thought it would be cool to wake surf right through party cove. The swell sent my boat (with the swim ladder down) crashing into the bottom of the lake, this caused the ladder to buckle back-wards and now it is damaged. Luckily that is the only damage we received, several other boats were damaged when they crashed into each other.

I would like to replace the ladder with a telescoping one opposed the the stock folding ladder, which we never liked anyway.

I know anchoring out deeper would keep this from happening again but I simply cannot do that due to the fact that my wife has a disability that makes it difficult for her to get in and out of the boat.

So has anyone replace the factory swim ladder with something else? If so, what and how much did it cost?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Might try http://www.jamestowndistributors.com or http://www.anchoring.com/index.php?cPath=79_81

Don't know if they will swap out with your stock ladder, but it migt with a little work.

BTW, assclowns who wakeboard thru party coves are about as idiotic as guys who buzz thru the ramp areas causing all kinds of chaos with guys trying trailer their boats (yeah, it happened to me on Saturday, still seeing red over that)....

Tow Veh: 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X