www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:55 pm 
Minnow

Bob, Congratulation on you 348,
I have a 2006 348 ( I/O) my family love it. I started with a 97' Monterey 262 ( bought in 2001). The 348 was a big change but easier to handle.
Just a quick advise, 3 weeks ago, after a nice day in Miami/ Bal Harbor area, the sky turned dark and rain and wind start to hit very hard.
When I was docking at Mystic Point Marina, my boat was hit by a strong wind and to avoid hitting the pole I turn from reverse to forward faster than normal and then.....BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I lost the engine gear........, so I dock with one engine....I took the boat to the volvo dealer and to make the story short that reaction cost me US$1,400.

Another advise, dont put reverse with the trim tabs down (Bennett) , the secure pins are made of plastic and break easily with the pressure of water, and then the metal plates went off. That happens me during the Fort lauderdale Air Show, another US$600 to replace them.

If you keep your boat on the water clean the strainers every two months ( A/C and generator) since they get a lot of barnicles and can burned the water pumps.

Change the toilet filter every 6 months to avoid bad smell form the toilet. The filter is like a pipe/tube located next to the macerator inside the engine compartment.

Enjoy your boat !
Moises

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:58 pm 
Seahorse

Moico wrote:
Bob, Congratulation on you 348,
I have a 2006 348 ( I/O) my family love it. I started with a 97' Monterey 262 ( bought in 2001). The 348 was a big change but easier to handle.
Just a quick advise, 3 weeks ago, after a nice day in Miami/ Bal Harbor area, the sky turned dark and rain and wind start to hit very hard.
When I was docking at Mystic Point Marina, my boat was hit by a strong wind and to avoid hitting the pole I turn from reverse to forward faster than normal and then.....BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I lost the engine gear........, so I dock with one engine....I took the boat to the volvo dealer and to make the story short that reaction cost me US$1,400.

Another advise, dont put reverse with the trim tabs down (Bennett) , the secure pins are made of plastic and break easily with the pressure of water, and then the metal plates went off. That happens me during the Fort lauderdale Air Show, another US$600 to replace them.

If you keep your boat on the water clean the strainers every two months ( A/C and generator) since they get a lot of barnicles and can burned the water pumps.

Change the toilet filter every 6 months to avoid bad smell form the toilet. The filter is like a pipe/tube located next to the macerator inside the engine compartment.

Enjoy your boat !
Moises

Another post that I am printing and putting in a file. Good Lord, how can I enjoy my boat when I'm cleaning strainers and changing filters all the time??? And I don't even know what a macerator is...but it sounds menacing!

Just kidding (except about the macerator part..but I'll look it up) I really do appreciate all your great advice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:43 am 
The Real Dr.Evil

Bob,

A Mascerator makes poop puree's :) Basically it's a pump with teeth (yes, literally) that grinds up solids in a black water tank.

Any questions you have, post them up! That's what we are here for, and there is no such thing as a stupid question!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:19 am 
Seahorse

Brett248Vista wrote:
Bob,

A Mascerator makes poop puree's :) Basically it's a pump with teeth (yes, literally) that grinds up solids in a black water tank.

Any questions you have, post them up! That's what we are here for, and there is no such thing as a stupid question!

Thanks Brett. Glad I read your response over Breakfast..."makes poop Puree's"! My next lesson I am taking with the Captain consists of fueling up and dumping out so maybe I will throw the mascerator term in there to sound knowledgable..I feel that it sounds like a WWE Wrestler though.."Just entering the ring...The Mascerator!"