www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:30 am 
ShanMan

jvalich wrote:
I5. GOLDEN RULE Never ever ever approach the dock faster than you are willing to hit it! If you got docked without damaging the dock, the boat and no one got hurt...you did a good job.

Since I first read that when you posted it earlier (I'm sure you've posted it several times) it has really made my docking less stressful. Seems like common sense, but I always think of that and it's made my docking 100% easier.

http://vista278.com

Post subject: Re: 2004 348 Vista
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:11 pm 
Andiamo

Anesthetized wrote:
Yes it goes down this week!

Anesthetized, Is this a "Done Deal"? IF so, did you take delivery yet?

Post subject: Re: 2004 348 Vista
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:41 pm 
Seahorse

Giaccamo wrote:
Anesthetized wrote:
Yes it goes down this week!

Anesthetized, Is this a "Done Deal"? IF so, did you take delivery yet?

It is a done deal. I am a proud owner of a beautiful 2003 Four Winns 348 Vista. The previous owner did me a favor and delivered it to my slip in Deep River, CT. last Monday. MY Dad has been sick in the hospital for about a week so most of my free time has been spent there. But I am taking a 2 hour lesson this Friday with a captain recommended by "Barry" on this Four Winns Site. Also taking the 8 hour Boating class this Saturday which leaves me to play on Sunday. As soon as I get more comfortable, I will see about hooking up with you guys. Have your Fenders ready!..............Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:38 pm 
Dolphin

Congrats,
the CT River and LI Sound are GREAT places to cruise...ENJOY!

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:41 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Congrats, You will love the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:23 pm 
Andiamo

Yes! :D

Congratulations Bob, and Best of Luck! Enjoy that Beautiful Boat and Welcome to the 4Winns family!! I hope your Dad is better! Stay in touch!

Jim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:08 pm 
Seahorse

JoeBalt wrote:
Congrats,
the CT River and LI Sound are GREAT places to cruise...ENJOY!

Thanks..looking forward to it. I hear that the CT River in the spring is a lot of fun. My friend was telling me how to dodge the entire trees that are floating down the river!

My first short trips are going to be in Essex to hit the Gris or Seal for dinner so look out for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:10 pm 
Seahorse

Giaccamo wrote:
Yes! :D

Congratulations Bob, and Best of Luck! Enjoy that Beautiful Boat and Welcome to the 4Winns family!! I hope your Dad is better! Stay in touch!

Jim.

Thanks Jim, Will definitely keep in touch and let me know of your whereabouts this summer...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:58 am 
The Real Dr.Evil

Bob,

Congrats!!!! Now all we need is pix :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:25 pm 
Minnow

Congrats Bob,
We are, also, owners of a 2003 348 (bought new in 2003). Let us know if you have any questions about the boat and we will try to answer them. We have twin volvo inboards which have run great.

marylander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:26 pm 
Seahorse

BarryBoats wrote:
Congratulations Bob,

The 1st few docking attempts are going to be fun to say the least. I had a few interesting times myself this year. The best thing I did was get 2 lessons from a local captain. The 1st time we tried to dock we tapped 3 docks, almost got divorced, and sold the boat in one afternoon. Now we are able to get into our slip with minimal problems. It is not always pretty or efficient but we have stopped hitting things. I went from being totally unable to dock the boat to being proficient at it in a relatively short period of time with the lessons. The lessons included teaching my wife the proper handling of the lines. We now enjoy taking our boat out without the extreme anxiety of how to get back in. If you are going to dock anywhere near Old Saybrook/Westbrook, I can give you the name of the local captain that helped me. It was the best money I ever spent on boating. E-mail me at dbbrx@cox.net.

Hey Dave, Thanks for the reference again. Just got back from my first two hours with Captain Dave. I asked so many questions, we never left the dock! Next lesson I am actually going to leave the marina. Dave was very cool and patient. I really wanted to cover everything before shoving off and we did. I feel more relaxed already. I will give you a call and maybe head down Westbrook way and pick your brain some day if you don't mind. Have a great weekend!.......Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:29 pm 
Seahorse

marylander wrote:
Congrats Bob,
We are, also, owners of a 2003 348 (bought new in 2003). Let us know if you have any questions about the boat and we will try to answer them. We have twin volvo inboards which have run great.

marylander

Thanks, I will take you up on that. I'm sure I will have only a few hundred. You guys are great here in the forum. WKearney99 intimidates me a little but I like his info..ha..ha...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:30 pm 
Seahorse

Brett248Vista wrote:
Bob,

Working on those pix. Will try to throw in a few gratuitous ladies in bikinis handling the lines.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:19 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

I helped a guy dock his 07 Chapparal 350 Signature twin screw last weekend. He's out on the end slip beside another 350 Signature and needless to say after watching and helping him, I decided I like "looking" at those BIG boats but I don't want one! :)

He did a fantastic job! I don't think I would have left any fiberglass if I was driving LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:25 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Anesthetized wrote:
Brett248Vista wrote:
Bob,

Working on those pix. Will try to throw in a few gratuitous ladies in bikinis handling the lines.....

Ohhh yeah, now you are talking :) Also neglect to explain the way the windlass works and send an anchor wench up on deck :) heh

You have to be so friggen excited! I gotta say, most of us go small and work our way up.. Aside from the learning curve, you sure did it right :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next