www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flexiteek and heat
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:29 am 
Guppy

I heard the Flexiteek can get very hot making it very uncomforatble to walk around without shoes. I like the look but not at this expense. My dealer told me it is a Four Winns flaw. They have experimented with painting the grooves in the teek white instead of black. They said this worked instantly. Anyone tried this or seen this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:04 pm 
ShanMan

Most of the information and experiences I've read regarding Flexiteek are not all that positive. I have no first hand experience so I can't speak to your question, but I can tell you it's not a flaw from FW. FW does not make Flexiteek, they merely install it.

Check out: http://www.flexiteek.com/

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:12 pm 
Dolphin

I like my flexiteek. It does get hot, but the transom shower alleviates that instantly. The fact that it doesn't show dirt is a major advantage, but the best part is the non-skid characteristics.

We usually raft up with other boats and the non-skid is a major safety advantage when people are crossing back and forth.

Another option to beat the heat is to simply lay a beach towel over it during the heat of the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:24 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

First_Mate wrote:
I like my flexiteek. It does get hot, but the transom shower alleviates that instantly. The fact that it doesn't show dirt is a major advantage, but the best part is the non-skid characteristics.

We usually raft up with other boats and the non-skid is a major safety advantage when people are crossing back and forth.

Another option to beat the heat is to simply lay a beach towel over it during the heat of the day.

I don't care how hot it gets.. The look of Flexiteek is absolutely gorgeous and beats that crummy, dingy white non skid any day of the week. I will live with the hot feet, FT is about the only option my boat doesn't have and it's $1400 from FW but I found another manufacturer who will make a template and make it exactly the same as the factory FW piece, for $900 and that includes the bostich adhesive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:06 am 
email admin your custom rank

[quote/] I don't care how hot it gets.. The look of Flexiteek is absolutely gorgeous and beats that crummy, dingy white non skid any day of the week. I will live with the hot feet, FT is about the only option my boat doesn't have and it's $1400 from FW but I found another manufacturer who will make a template and make it exactly the same as the factory FW piece, for $900 and that includes the bostich adhesive![/quote]

Where did you find this company? Would they make a template for any boat? I would like to add that to my Horizon's small swim platform.

Thanks in advance.

2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition (http://www.nhtoc.com) 378 hp & 465 tq at rear wheels
2008 Honda Accord EX-L w/Nav

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:08 am 
The Real Dr.Evil

1niceharley wrote:
Where did you find this company? Would they make a template for any boat? I would like to add that to my Horizon's small swim platform.

Thanks in advance.

Troy,

Yes they will make a pattern for anything, or you can supply a template. They can even come and install it. They are super fast at replying to emails, very thorough and great to deal with pre-sales. FlexiTeek is my winter project and it will be done!

http://www.ttcustommarine.citymax.com/page/page/3753885.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:53 pm 
wkearney99

Brett248Vista wrote:
I don't care how hot it gets.. The look of Flexiteek is absolutely gorgeous and beats that crummy, dingy white non skid any day of the week. I will live with the hot feet.

Yeah, well, don't say I didn't warn you...

Once again this weekend we had guests aboard and had to waste a fair amount of fresh water trying to keep the damn swim platform Flexi-teek from burning their feet. I'd much rather have used less water at the end of the day to just hose off the dirt instead.

I've got to remember to take my laser thermometer back to the boat and measure it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:40 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

wkearney99 wrote:
Brett248Vista wrote:
I don't care how hot it gets.. The look of Flexiteek is absolutely gorgeous and beats that crummy, dingy white non skid any day of the week. I will live with the hot feet.

Yeah, well, don't say I didn't warn you...

Once again this weekend we had guests aboard and had to waste a fair amount of fresh water trying to keep the damn swim platform Flexi-teek from burning their feet. I'd much rather have used less water at the end of the day to just hose off the dirt instead.

I've got to remember to take my laser thermometer back to the boat and measure it.

It's ok Bill yer just a wussie :) hehe! Like I said before... I owned a solid red gelcoat boat.. Nothing is "hot" to my feet anymore.. I think I permanently burned all the pain receptors off my feet!

I know FT gets hot... But I love the look so much... I hate no skid.. I absolutely LOATHE non skid... Maybe if FW used a diamond pattern rather than sandpaper finish, then I wouldn't be as prone to replace it.

Also for those of you that may not be interested in FT.. There is another non skid solution called Durabak which is a thick rubber material, you can get it from the factory on most models of FW boats so you may be able to order the custom molder piece $$$$$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:18 am 
Starfish

We have flexiteak on our 318 and just lay out some towels on it when we are anchored out to keep from burning our feet. Works just fine.