www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 96 Vista head usage
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 pm 
email admin your custom rank

NiagaraChillin wrote:
The great thing about this forum is that people can come here and ask questions to learn things they aren't too sure about. Here is an example from a couple of years ago:

bndfishing wrote:
I was replacing my batteries today because 1 went bad. I am still trying to figure out how the batteries are isolated so I had the battery switch set to OFF disconnected 1 battery flipped the breaker and the internal systems came on. I reconnected the battery and disconnected the other flipped the systems breaker and all the systems came on. So now it looks like the 12v systems draw off of both batteries. Now I am confused and wondering if my starting battery is really isolated from the house battery. Anyone have any thoughts?

Guess that guy (ahem, that would be you) didn't KNOW HOW THE DAMN THING WORKS! Instead of apologizing for "sounding hard", you should just let Chris learn from the answers to his question, and perhaps pass the knowledge gained to another with the same problem. Geez.

Awesome!! :lol:

2004 Four Winns 328 Vista
1997 Larson Cabrio 290 - sold
1988 Rinker Fiesta Vee 248 - sold

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 pm 

Yes, thanks to the forum I figured it out, got the correct operation manual and know how to use it...sorry it has taken me a bit longer than a week....to get to know my boat. But I read the manual, scoured the internet and just didn't have the info I needed so I came to the forum, now I know more about heads than anyone should ever know.

BNDFishing -just FYI I am a computer guy, if you ever have a question about your PC feel free to ask, I'm happy to help :D I don't expect you to be a computer genius because you know how to use a message board.

Chris and Alicia
Las Vegas, NV
ALTIVA
1996 Four Winns 238 Vista Dlx 5.8Fi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:03 pm 

LVChris wrote:
Yes, thanks to the forum I figured it out, got the correct operation manual and know how to use it...sorry it has taken me a bit longer than a week....to get to know my boat. But I read the manual, scoured the internet and just didn't have the info I needed so I came to the forum, now I know more about heads than anyone should ever know.

BNDFishing -just FYI I am a computer guy, if you ever have a question about your PC feel free to ask, I'm happy to help :D I don't expect you to be a computer genius because you know how to use a message board.

Boy are you kind!! We all need to learn, we all make mistakes. Some of us find it easier to do than others. With that, we need to help each other.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:07 pm 

bndfishing wrote:
I'm sorry but if you're going to have a boat like this KNOW HOW THE DAMN THING WORKS! It's your job as the owner/captain of the boat to know how every single system on the boat functions and how to give instruction to everyone else on how to properly use it. If this is a new to you boat, you get 1 weekend to learn the essential systems (water and head) then you better learn the electrical system. Go to the Four Winns site and look up the older user manuals, start tracing pipes, look for caps marked "waste" and "water" it looks like you have a waste tank, find it. You must have a pump out port, find it. Go to the pump out, add water to the port and pump it, then fill with water and pump it again, then again until you are confident you know how large it is and how to pump it. Get to know your boat, every bolt, seam, creak, sound, RPM, if you don't want to then sell then sell it and stay home. Sorry to sound hard, but I am sick and tired of the people who don't learn their systems, this stuff isn't that hard, the head is the easy stuff. If you pissed in it and it didn't come out of the boat or dump on the floor it went in a tank, start taking up panels until you find it then figure out how big it is. You can't have a boat and just expect to go out and have everything work, you will need to know how it works and how to fix it because it is going to break.

Sheesh, who peed in your Wheaties this morning? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 am 

I for one am glad that everyone that owns a boat doesn't know everything anout their boat. I gets me plenty of extra cash doing side-work.........

Don't sweat it Chris.. you are doing just fine
keep it up

2006 5.0GXI w/closed cooling, DP-sm 1.95 drive
Previous boat:
1998 Sundowner 205