www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:30 am 
Goldfish

Hello all, just found your site. I am going to sea trial a 2003 268 Vista tomorrow from Skipper Buds, advertised with a Volvo 5.7 Duo prop. Is this boat likely fuel injected or carbed?? Is there any thing in particular on the boat I should check for-specific to the 268. It shows 83 hours on the engine meter. I have always been a performance boat guy, so I don't know any of the other systems on this boat. We are very likely going to purchase it after sea trial. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance, Keith in Southwest Michigan. :lol:

Last edited by Ksflyer1 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:02 pm 
Andiamo

Keith, Good Luck with the sea trial tomorrow. Regarding Carb vs Fuel injected it depends on the model# of the engine. I attached a link to the VP site showing the engines produced by size and year, and you can click on an engine to see it's spec's.

It looks like in 2003 they offered the 5.7GL series, which I believe is Carb; the 5.7Gi series, which I believe is Fuel injected, and the 5.7OSi series, which I believe is the Ocean Series Fuel injected. Hope that helps. Here is the link to the Volvo Penta site:

http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/global/ ... ngines.htm

Note: since the web address is too large for the space above, you will have to copy and paste the entire length of it into your address bar on your browser. If it does not work you can just search for Volvo Marine Engines and follow the site map.