www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 pm 
Guppy

FW owners,

I had a survey completed on a 2004 268 last week and have a couple of questions,

1. When shore power is connected to boat the A/C meter in the cabin reads 120V BEFORE the pole switch is flipped to the on position.
Is the normal? Owner stated that it always done that.

2. On the sea trial the boat back fired twice on a run of about 30 minutes, owner stated it has never done this. First time the boat was doing a tight 360 turn and the second time it was on plane at 3500 RPM returning to dock. Engine has only 50 hours (5.7L Volvo).
It was replaced April of last year due to a cracked block found on a survey inspection. It was replaced by a service shop in Appleton WI. I am having a Volvo tech look at it this week(Surveyor said this was a must before I bought)

3. Sump pump high limit unit did not start the sump pump...would you just replace the unit?

Boat is for sale by a private owner and has owned it for 18 months and put all the 50 hours on the new engine.

Thanks for any ideas,

Derek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 am 
email admin your custom rank

1. Normal. We all want to know if indeed the voltage is what we want it to be BEFORE energizing the circuit.
2. Backfire? That's unusual. Could be hard to track down.
3. It's likely just the float switch. If you can get into the box and free it up, it will work for a while longer and stick again. So will a new one. The soapy buildup eventually makes the float stick on or off, depending on how it sets up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:07 pm 
Guppy

Just posting items found on inspection:

1. No codes on the engine, found a spark plug wire with the metal connector to the spark plug missing, replaced wire.
2. compression tested good, all 150 PSI plus
3. Voltage gauge is normal, it is telling you that voltage is there, when you flip the switch, that activates the panel.
4. High water alarm is hooked up to the SEA KEY system, which is not monitored any more.
5. The battery Isolator is not working properly. parts 100.00 labor 142.50 plus EPA and tax.

Thanks for the response, we're picking the boat up tomorrow and trailering it back to Holland, MI. I'm sure I'll be looking for more
input.

Thanks,

Derek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39 am 
email admin your custom rank

Great find! Sounds like you likely found the source of the "backfire" with the spark plug connector. Enjoy!