www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ordered a 358
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:08 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I ordered a 358 and I have a "gel" date in November, but no delivery date yet. The only thing still left for us to decide is the interior fabric. The swatches just arrived.

I went with 320 HP Volvo-Penta duoprop outdrives, navy blue two-tone gel coat, aft cabin TV and a bunch of small options. Skipped the seperate staterooms, teak, cockpit TV and the navigation systems.

There's a new teak and holly cabin floor option that we really considered but in the end, decided against. Some of last year's options: innerspring mattress, central vac, gas fume detector and maybe a couple others are now standard. The stereo and speakers are now Sony instead of Clarion.

I didn't order the Nav system because it's not cheap, I don't need radar and the Raymarine GPS won't take the C-map maps of my lake. The down side of no nav is no depth finder and no VHF. So I'll be spending money on it before I even get it in the water.

Post subject: Re: Ordered a 358
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:48 am 
email admin your custom rank

Congratulation! You are going to love this boat. Where do you boat at?

Post subject: Re: Ordered a 358
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:15 am 
Guppy

Hi,

I have a 378 and I find the teak and holly floor aside the galley kind of soft and easily marred; it is almost like a sheet of teak and holly laminated somehow. I assume the 2008 option is more 'plank-like'? You're right, the Nav Pak is a lot to handle; I boat principally on the Rideau and you simply steer between the trees, not too complicated, and I know it well enough now to know where I am and where I am going. I think it came with auto pilot, too. Can't ever imagine needing that. On the 378 the open stateroom concept is preferable to the enclosed cabin for the very few times we expect to have stay aboard guests . . . They can sleep in the cockpit, lol.

Have fun, I am sure you'll love the boat.

Brian

Kanata, Canada
Brian@Marchbrook.com