www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: V348/V358 Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:48 pm 
AGE < LOA

Went to the NY show yesterday. This was my first exposure to both the stainless header and the teak&holly flooring. Needless to say, they're "must-haves" for spec'ing out the 318. Just wish one of the boats had the underwater lighting. The 4K option for the underwater lighting is on par with what it would cost to have it installed aftermarket. Just need to find out from FW what type of lighting they use (HID, LED, etc.)) The dealers weren't able to answer that one. I guess I'm the only nutcase that wants the underh2o lighting so bad :mrgreen:
SS header on the 318:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:42 pm 
wkearney99

Agreed, those two options do look nice!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 pm 
AGE < LOA

Bill, have you observed anyone with underwater lighting during any of your outings on the bay? I saw one large trawler type boat this summer that had it over at Fairlee Creek and I knew I had to have it one day. It will also help getting as much light back there as possible with boarding the dinghy after a loooong day of partying. Curious if you've seen it? I know it's kinda mirky but what I saw looked sharp. Obviously it also attracts baitfish, which may have been his primary reason for having it..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:55 pm 
email admin your custom rank

A friend of ours has it on his Rinker 400. Lights up the whole back in the water. Makes it nice for those late night swims.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:48 pm 
wkearney99

mkivbren wrote:
Bill, have you observed anyone with underwater lighting during any of your outings on the bay?

Not really. There's a guy at our marina that has some on his Hatteras, but I've only seen it at the dock. Nor have I really seen any others when anchored anywhere. I've toyed with the idea of adding some to our boat. But the prices on most systems seem out of proportion to what they include (as in, they want HOW MUCH for this?)

But I would like to see some more examples here on the Chesapeake. How they look in rivers, lakes or warmer waters means nothing compared to Bay conditions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:01 pm 
AGE < LOA

Larry, is the water relatively clear/clean up at Raystown? It can get brutally mirky down here on the bay at times. But all in all it should preform pretty well based on what I saw. It's encouraging Bill saw somebody that also has it local. It is a pricey option for sure though. My head is still spinning from chatting with "Flordia Bow Thrusters." To add a hydraulic 800lb lift/platform for my $3000 pwc would run me $25K!! Maybe someday...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:00 pm 
email admin your custom rank

The water at the lake is very clear. You can see down to the bottom in 10' most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:22 pm 
Sierra

I couldn't resist - I stumbled upon this shot of an '08 on a Canadian dealer's website in the exact color configuration I'm getting (a better shot than my signature pic). Yes, I realize it's a sickness :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:40 pm 
AGE < LOA

Nice!! Any pics of 318s on that site? Are you going to go up to check out construction of your boat? 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:59 pm 
Sierra

mkivbren wrote:
Nice!! Any pics of 318s on that site? Are you going to go up to check out construction of your boat? 8)

No 318's - sorry :( I think they were just highlighting their new arrival, urging people to, in their words: "Come and see Canada's first 'Tri-Tone' Vista!!" It's like a zoo attraction.
Much as I'd like to, I don't think I'll be making the trip to Cadillac. They don't build em' on the weekends (trust me, I asked) and getting away during the week is tough. It would be a great marketing tool to provide email updates on the progress, maybe some pictures, for those of us who have the aforementioned "sickness." Maybe when you spend another $200K... I've asked my dealer to appeal to the good nature of his factory rep to at least snap a few shots. I've been looking for a website that details the production process for express cruisers and have yet to find one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 am 
Just Chillin

Sierra,
Its funny I asked about pictures as well and was told the cruisers don't look like much until they start to put on the finishing touches. He also said he has had no luck in the past getting pictures when asked. I think it would be great to see.

Best of luck
Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:33 am 
AGE < LOA

Well... I have to make a trip out to Toledo, OH to pick up the motor for my car. If everything goes the way it should with my deal (looking good so far) I'll make a run up there and take plenty of pictures - assuming FW is cool with it. Cadillac is about 3.5 hours from Toledo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:44 am 
Andiamo

Sierra wrote:
I couldn't resist - I stumbled upon this shot of an '08 on a Canadian dealer's website in the exact color configuration I'm getting Yes, I realize it's a sickness :roll:

Sierra, Great Picture! Between the weight of that boat and looking at that sharp entry at the bow, that is going to give you a sweeeeet ride!

Oh, and regarding the sickness...You're Entitled! If I just bought a vew V358, I would be just the same way if not worse!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:45 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Cattailspa wrote:
The water at the lake is very clear. You can see down to the bottom in 10' most of the time.

I would be afraid to get in the water at Raystown.. There are man eating fish up there! Saw a charter guide's website showing 45 to 52lb stripers from Raystown.. OMG! You ever think when you are at the breast of the dam "Damn I'm in 200' of water!" that's pretty fricken deep! At least on the river it's an average of 20 to 30 and that drops off rapidly.. I dunno, deep water scares me :)

Sierra,

Gorgeous! That is a classy color combo for sure! I really like the wide black color band with the red accent stripe myself. I actually replaced my white seperator stripe between my colorband with red (not much red just a "little").

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:52 am 
wkearney99

Heh, there's something that 'wigs me out' about deep water too. It's silly, really, if you're over your head in 30', you're just the same as being in 300' (or more). I'm guessing it didn't help to see the movie Jaws as a 12 year old kid either. And don't get me started on scuba and trying to descend a wall or cross a really wide abyssal area. I just start feeling too much like the last hors d'oeuvre on the platter. Sorta takes the fun out of it, but at least my buddies get a good laugh with how fast I can haul my ass up that ladder!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 46  Next