www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:11 pm 
AGE < LOA

Mine worked fine if you didn't mind growing old waiting for it.. so I didn't renew it. Probably won't unless I do a long trip. It took about 10-15 minutes to DL data last year. I could have had most of the canvas up by the time it showed it's data. I'll stick to my phone and HDTV for the weekend boating I'm currently doing. Wasn't impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:16 pm 
Minnow

C80 gone white.

Sometimes the dash cover gets too hot from direct sun light, and the C80 display will stop working. seems like the screen gets too hot I get a white screen then horizontal or vertical sweep lines. once cooled off, the display would come back to normal function. for the past two days it did not happen. 1) Anyone seen this behavior before, and 2) how do I get behind the display to verify that there are no loose connection issues, or obvious electrical problems?

Vista 348 2006 - C80 with radar, chartplotter, fish finder etc. package.
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:11 pm 
Sierra

8)

Yes, that's the fuel burn on just one engine. It was only for a few moments, but it was fun!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:52 am 
email admin your custom rank

Anyone interested in buying a 2008 V358? It will be going on a used boat website shortly. We are looking to sell ours for $160,000.00 no haggle price. She has about 120 hours on her, generator has 350 or so. All maintenance has been performed. New outdrives were installed under warranty in 2009. 6.2L BIII stern drives, Raymarine C80 GPS, Cockpit TV, sunpad on bow, Wood blinds, teak and holly floor in cabin. Blue interior fabric. BingoBoyz1113@gmail.com if interested. No Brokers!

2006 Sea Ray 320DA
    2005 Maxum 3100 SE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:50 pm 
AGE < LOA

BL - sorry to see her go. We never did get to meet up, and it's looking like I'll be back down your way for 14 months! Moving on up!?

I made a new friend a few weekends back with an 08 358. He doesn't post here but took me through his boat and showed me his issues. One I was surprised to see was some long gel cracks on the arch. He has the early version w/o the hinge. Love the bathroom and the hardwood door but he's been through 2 mirrors. Hate how they are "household" affixed to the cherry. He did preface all this by telling me he took the boat out for a hard run after a break-up through some 3-4 footers.

Something else that was interesting is that he has a big crease on his bed where it hinges. He said he doesn't really even lift it up very often..

Sierra - like the displays. I do like the wider through walk steps on the 338, but it's a toss up as there's no room for add'l peripheral displays.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:22 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Not having any of those issues unless the cracks in the mirrors are on the cabinet over the sink and not the one on the door. Also, when I lift my bed up the mattress stays flat. The whole bed lifts up. Something doesn't sound right with your friend's mattress. The boat likely won't sell any time soon so we might run into one another yet!

2006 Sea Ray 320DA
    2005 Maxum 3100 SE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:36 pm 
Sierra

mkivbren wrote:
Something else that was interesting is that he has a big crease on his bed where it hinges. He said he doesn't really even lift it up very often..

Sierra - like the displays. I do like the wider through walk steps on the 338, but it's a toss up as there's no room for add'l peripheral displays.

I have always found the steps to be adequate and yeah, I would miss the real estate on the dash. The top unit is the autopilot and there is simply no other spot for it.

I'm also surprised about the mattress issues that owner has had. It has not been an issue for me at all.
One of the beautiful 'added-value' standard items on the V358 is the inner-spring mattress. I am an admitted mattress snob and I find it extraordinarily comfortable, particularly given it's thickness.
No mirror issues either.
Three seasons in and I am extremely pleased with how the boat has held-up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 pm 
Clownfish

Does anyone have any tips for removing the black water fiberglass cover on the V358?

I have removed the screws and caulking, but it won't budge. I want to take a pry bar to it, but that could damage the fiberglass.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:55 pm 
wkearney99

sanfordturbo wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for removing the black water fiberglass cover on the V358?

I have removed the screws and caulking, but it won't budge. I want to take a pry bar to it, but that could damage the fiberglass.

You're right not to use a metal pry bar. Doesn't take much to crack the gelcoat.

Push upward on the underside of it from the shower sump locker just behind it. Use a baseball bat or something similar to apply a bit of leverage between the top of the tank and the underside of the cover. The white poly waste tank is relatively tough (I've accidentally stepped on it and it survived). Just avoid reaching in too far and mashing the level sensor. Which is unlikely because there probably wouldn't be enough room to slide something that long in from the sump locker.

Otherwise a hook tool inserted into one of the screw holes might let you get a bit of pull. Perhaps enough to get something else wedged in along the side seams. I suppose you could also use some plastic materials to protect the gelcoat. A couple of plastic putty knives might suffice. A pair of those might offer enough protection for the gelcoat to allow using a flat blade screwdriver to pry. The key is being careful.

I had to use a caulk remover product to get all that gunk off there. I've not caulked it back down either, as I don't want to repeat the adventure. Took eff'ing FOREVER to get it all removed. Just BE SURE NOT TO USE SILICONE CAULK to set it again. That NEVER comes off. Use Lifecaulk or another latex type.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:53 pm 
Clownfish

Super. I never thought of pushing from underneath via the sump hole.

I was considering drilling a hole or two in it to get a toggle bolt in there to pull up with.. . But my luck would have me drilling right into the tank!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm 
wkearney99

There's a good 2 to 3" from the underside of the cover to top of the tank. That and it's relatively soft poly plastic. You wouldn't have much risk of drilling too far unless you had a complete brain fart and ignored that you'd already gotten through the 3/8" fiberglass cover. But I wouldn't recommend drilling, then you'd just be stuck with another hole, and one that would then be sticking up and noticeable under the carpet.

I take it you don't have the forward stateroom option? The wall that encloses the forward berth (in front of the galley). If so, be sure the leave the door open when you raise the cover.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:25 pm 
Clownfish

wkearney99 wrote:
There's a good 2 to 3" from the underside of the cover to top of the tank. That and it's relatively soft poly plastic. You wouldn't have much risk of drilling too far unless you had a complete brain fart and ignored that you'd already gotten through the 3/8" fiberglass cover. But I wouldn't recommend drilling, then you'd just be stuck with another hole, and one that would then be sticking up and noticeable under the carpet.

I take it you don't have the forward stateroom option? The wall that encloses the forward berth (in front of the galley). If so, be sure the leave the door open when you raise the cover.

No stateroom. . . Just a luxurious curtain. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:37 pm 
wkearney99

Note, the bilge area under there runs all the way back to the pump under the mid-cabin seating. The one next to the AC and generator sea strainers. So any time you tilt up onto plane any water in there would flow back to that pump.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 am 
Minnow

My generator cranks but wont start.
The marina mechanic says it is the carburetor. To fix it he wants to remove the riser and if not reachable he wants to remove the engine to fix the generator!!
I have the Vista 348 2006, twin inboards, Mercruisers 6.2L and a Kholer generator. The generator is on the port side. this marina has decommissioned, winterized, and recommissioned the generator before.

I would appreciate any thoughts or confirmation that this is really needed.
Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46