www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible water damage
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:55 pm 
Clownfish

Yesterday I happened to notice that there was a hole in the bottom of the cabin table mount. A little poking around around yielded some fairly wet flotation foam. I removed the table mount completely to see as big an area as possible. I believe I have the source of the water tracked down to the ever popular leaking anchor locker. I trailer wherever I go and am worried keeping the trailer tongue high (to keep water from pooling on the swim deck) may have exacerbated the issue. My question is this : Now what??! Do I cut out a portion of the floor to further assess the problem? The anchor locker has completely been sealed now, so no more water should ever make it in. There is ZERO visible indication of water damage in the cabin. Does anyone know if a Vista of my vintage has fiberglassed stringers or am I in serious trouble. Thanks for anyone's insight.

1993 Vista 245
351 CID, OMC King Cobra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:26 pm 
Clownfish

[url]http://village.photos/images/user/f03a2a60-9ea4-4d17-84a6-b8587525e0b7/resized_12964ccd-8c69-4e0f-87b7-cfb8555d982f.png/url]

Tried to post photo of boat, hope it works. Despite its age boat is in fantastic shape and gets used regularly.

Thanks again

1993 Vista 245
351 CID, OMC King Cobra