www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vista 338 Questions
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:50 am 
email admin your custom rank

As the season is coming to a close, I have two issues I will need to address over the off season and was wondering if anyone has dealt with these as well.

1) When using the fresh water pump, the pump speeds up and slows down as the pump is calling for water. The flow is poor when at slow speed. If I open up more than one water source, the pump will sometimes run at full speed providing decent water pressure. When using city water, the water flow is fine to all faucets. Has anyone rebuilt the pump or is it easier to just replace it?

2) The engine hatch lift is struggling to raise the hatch. This has always worked since I owned the boat but in the last two weeks, the motor cannot get the hatch open. If I assist it for about the first foot or so, the motor has enough power to raise it all the way up. Down seems OK, I'm sure gravity is helping.

I realize that these systems are now almost 10 years old so it's not surprising these items to showing their age.

Any input is appreciated.

Previously:
2007 Vista 258 " Just Right"
2005 Horizon 230

Post subject: Re: Vista 338 Questions
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:07 am 

jnizi wrote:
As the season is coming to a close, I have two issues I will need to address over the off season and was wondering if anyone has dealt with these as well.

1) When using the fresh water pump, the pump speeds up and slows down as the pump is calling for water. The flow is poor when at slow speed. If I open up more than one water source, the pump will sometimes run at full speed providing decent water pressure. When using city water, the water flow is fine to all faucets. Has anyone rebuilt the pump or is it easier to just replace it?

2) The engine hatch lift is struggling to raise the hatch. This has always worked since I owned the boat but in the last two weeks, the motor cannot get the hatch open. If I assist it for about the first foot or so, the motor has enough power to raise it all the way up. Down seems OK, I'm sure gravity is helping.

I realize that these systems are now almost 10 years old so it's not surprising these items to showing their age.

Any input is appreciated.

I know there is an inline screen filter right before the pump. Might be worth it to see if its clogged before replacing the pump. It could be the pressure switch on the pump which I've heard is replaceable, but I'd just assume replace the pump.

In regards to the engine hatch - does the motor sound the same? I'd think the motor is just getting tired. Even with the added weight to my original engine hatch (with the water intrusion issue) I don't recall the motor having difficulty lifting the hatch. Crazy as it sounds, for the smaller hatch on my 240 - it has two of the motors whereas the 318/338 just has one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:56 am 

Engine hatch problem sounds like low voltage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:09 pm 
Sting Ray

sounds like low voltage to me too check all the quick disconnect plugs in the wiring harness. I had my horn stop working until I cleaned all the connections from the breaker panel to the switch and then to the horn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:50 am 

Thanks for the input, makes sense. I will try to clean the lift motor connections and see what happens.

Previously:
2007 Vista 258 " Just Right"
2005 Horizon 230

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51 pm 
Shark

I had an issue with the hatch lift motor on my V338 two years ago. The lift would stop working periodically. I checked the wire harness connector and found one of the pins was loose so ended up replacing the connector with a new one and have not had an issue since.

2008 V338
Twin Volvo Penta 320hp DP

2002 268 Vista
1987 225 Sundowner
1986 170 Horizon
1975 Steury V415SS