www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:19 am 
email admin your custom rank

If changing the layout make sure you have the depth available to install components.

I upgraded the VHF on my 268 and ran into this issue.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:36 am 

If you are moving things you may need to open up the wiring harness to get the wire lengths needed. I believe you said you are boating in the Georgian Bay. Keep in mind that an ipad or tablet typically relies on a cell phone signal for position. You might not always be in signal range. Solutions may be to get a GPS receiver that works with your ipad, or install a GPS in the boat. With either choice, I would recommend a chart program that provides water depth to help prevent any undesired contact with the bottom. Personally I prefer both a chart plotter and a depth sounder (fish finder), maybe even in the same unit. A few years back I installed a Lowrance HDS 8 on top of the right side of the dash. It covers the right cup holder, but I gain a chart plotter with bottom contours, a more dependable depth sounder that shows a lot more detail, and I added a fuel flow transducer that shows gph and mpg. It also includes a fuel totalizer that keeps track of total fuel used since last fill and total fuel used for the season. The total fuel used since last fill gives me a more accurate reading of fuel used (typically within 1 or 2 percent). I can plan more accurately on longer trip legs. When refueling I can also slow down the gas pump nozzle's flow rate so the automatic shut-off works and so the boat doesn't spill a little fuel when the tank gets full.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 am 

Mine is set up like the lower pic. Only the VHF is below the horn, bilge, and blower switches left of the steering wheel.
This works well as these are all things that get used at times when your not seated in the helm seat. The 12 volt or USB outlet should definitely be on the left as passengers use this a lot for charging phones.