www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm 
Tadpole

I also posted this in the Electrical column, but I thought that it might also fit in the Vista as well. Thanks

I have a 2004 Four Winns 248 Vista and here is the problem. My starter got all wet after hurricane Irma and it wouldn't engage the flywheel (it turned over, but it would not engage the engine to turn IT over). Anyway, I removed the starter and ordered another one. In the meantime....I not longer have any power (12V) anywhere on the boat, except in the red large wire that was connected to the starter motor. There are two smaller (like 4 or 6 gauge) wires that were also connected to the 'HOT' on the starter that are currently not connected. I also have no ignition, that is when I turn the key, there is no beeping to show the teat of the system. Now, in the manual it says that there is a 'ships systems' breaker (main breaker for the whole boat, except the bilge pumps and the ignition) located on the battery switch. Well, I don't see anything there, other than two small push breakers that each go to small 12V items on the battery switch panel. I have checked both batteries (both new last year) and they both read 13.4 volts )plus or minus). I have checked the ignition wire at the ignition switch (the red wire) and it is dead along with the whole dash and the interior of the boat (no lights, fresh water pump, etc). So, what am I doing wrong? Do the two black wires at the starter wire (which DO connect together when the starter is installed) actually power the rest of the 12V and the ignition as well? And, where is the 'ships systems breaker'?
Hopefully someone out there knows the answer.
Thanks,
Russ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:18 pm 
email admin your custom rank

This probably does not help much since my Vista is a different size and year, but our "Ship System" breaker is located in the same panel as the battery switches (starboard side of boat above engine hatch covers) and it does control power to the boat's 12 volt system. Still need to turn the 12 volt power breaker on in the galley's electrical panel in addition to having the "Ship System" breaker on to run your 12 volt items.

- 2010 310 Mercury Inflatable

Previous Boats
- 30' Doral Prestancia
- 25' Doral Citation