www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: V358 purchase
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:32 pm 
Guppy

I am new to the forum and want to get some input. I have a deposit on a left over 2007 V358. Wanting to know what is a fair price. It has Twin Merc 6.2 with vdirives. MSRP was $290K. I will be boating at Lake of the Ozarks. This is also my first boat. I was also looking at a 2006 V348 it was $180K. What would have been a fair price for it. I have looked at book values etc. but prices seem to vary. Any advise or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: V358 purchase
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:41 pm 
All Night Long

I don't know what the dealers give for discounts on big cruisers, but I would expect a "current" model year discount of approximately 20-25% off MSRP without working too hard. If you are looking at a leftover (still new) '07 - I would expect that you could also work in an additional 10-15% based on model year depreciation. Plus - do some footwork and try to figure out what incentives Four Winns is giving dealers on model year closeout boats...

Those big boats ain't cheap and they do depreciate fast in the first couple of years!

For your first boat - you are starting out BIG! Make sure you get some instruction/education on how to maneuver that big of a boat around a marina!

Congrats on the new sale/purchase/investigation! Sweet boat!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:55 pm 
Guppy

Thanks for your info. I am right in the ball park. I started big as I watched my friends wish they had and struggle to get there. I was in a positon to go for it so I did! I am already taking some training and have 2 friends with captians licenses that will spend as much time with me as I need. I appreciate the concern for my lack of experience.

I will keep you up to date with my progress. I am really excited for warm weather.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:20 pm 
Sierra

Cougar's dead-on with the pricing... and keep in mind that typically, after they've had the boat for a year, they're paying interest on it (and obviously don't want to) giving you extra leverage. If you make the decision to go for it, I would encourage you to go in low with your offer and hand them a check with a decent deposit when you make the offer. And definitely consider a Power Squadron course. Best of luck!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:32 pm 
Dolphin

Not an entirely apples to apples comparison but I ordered an '07 358 Vista in the fall of 2006. The boat is fairly loaded and powered with VP 5.7osxi's. My final price including a couple of add-ons from the dealer was $175,000. I would think you should be able to get there or a little below with a leftover boat. The MSRP on the boat was $280,000. My dealer got very agressive on pricing very quickly and I've always felt I got a pretty good deal. I've talked with a few other people looking to buy and most of them have encountered higher pricing. I know that others have gotten similar pricing to what I got from my dealer so I guess it depends a lot on how willing your dealer is to move on price.

Good luck
Ben

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:16 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Our 2008 358V equipped with T6.2 Merc SeaCore I/O's with DTS and many options which I listed on one of my first posts had an MSRP of 293K give or take. I paid 207K and that included several dealer included incentives like first year winterization,spring 09 water readiness, my slip fees ($3800) paid for one year, bottom paint, gas grill plus installation of it on the swim platform, full fuel, two rod holders installed, two windbreakers, bow sun pad, boat lettering and boat documentation. I thought we did well with a full 30% off retail plus all the extras thrown in and the fact that we got a fair if not generous allowance for our trade-in.

IMHO, given the economy, the price of fuel, the fact that large boat sales are not going well this year or last and that you don't have a trade in to deal with should make you a candidate for one hell of a deal. I would start at an offer of 45% off and go up from there to approx 30-35% off. Like I said, we got 30% off this years model.If the dealer wont give you a steep discount like that on the price, start piling on the extras that don't cost him that much. Detailing, winterization, storage, some accesories like trackvision which is about 10K retail, labor discounts on add on items, etc.

Keep in mind that the dealer is paying interest on that boat since he ordered it from FW and is now anxious to just get it off his floorplan at any price. He likely wont make any money on the deal given the time he has had the boat.

2006 Sea Ray 320DA
    2005 Maxum 3100 SE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:14 pm 
Guppy

You have all given me exactly what I was looking for. I will keep you informed. Jumping on this forum was awesome. The honest answers and experienced advise will be put to good use. I appreciate everyone. Talk to you soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:55 pm 
Guppy

Well, I am the proud owner of a 2007 V358. I ended up around 190K with ext warranty, coast guard doc, in-lieu taxes, fenders , vests, dock lines and a four winns inflatable "thingy" all in the deal. My marina is awesome and wether or not is was the best deal out there or not, but I feel it was for me. They are doing a great job with me and my orientation starts this Sunday. I'll try to get some pics up and keep all informed. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:59 pm 
Shark

Congratulations on your purchase!!!! Sounds like you got what you wanted and paid what you think is fair value. That's all that matters. Now it is all yours to enjoy :P