www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:56 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

As some of you know, I had plans to build a new garage (yes, for the boat...) and I wanted to get it done last season. The concrete guy that I trust (the same one that built the house in 85) was tied up last summer and things didn't pan out on my end anyway. Well I comitted to the building and my concrete guy came today and laid the slab. He wasn't going to do this until Monday but they are calling for rain and he had an open slot today so he came early this AM and got it done.

It's 36'x 19' 4000 PSI with rebar, monilitic slab with a center drain. The building is 35'x18' by 15' at the peak and should be erected in three to four weeks. I bought a Carolina Carport Garage, it's 12 gauge steel truss with 26 gauge polysilicanized finish in light gray with white trim. I did not opt for any windows, I am having one Man Door installed and they are finishing out the garage door openings to 11' H x 12' W and I am going with two commercial continious curtain steel roll up doors from U.S. Door.

Now the Vista will have a place to call home! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:29 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Wow. No wonder you trust the guy. That must be the cleanest slab I have ever seen - amongst my various ventures in the past, building homes was one of them so I have seen a couple. Jack of all trades master of none . . .
No excess blobs, edges straight and razor sharp. Very little disturbed ground - Very nice work.
The ram is 'tres cool too. Is that what they call a Rumble Bee?
This season I am hoping to re-do the garage that was here when I bought the place - basically remove the building and re-do with higher walls (so I can get the 210 in with the tower folded) and rafters (for a loft). It is 28x36 but I do have an unimaginable pile of crap I have collected over the years in there.
I'm envious, you will have a sweet new building with nothing but boat space and maybe a bit of boat workshop too? You're starting fresh without dismantling old - soooo sweet.
Priorities - I have to re-do the wharf first and it is 30' long - crib style filled with rocks. Its coming apart and frankly I don't know what the he!! I am going to do with it - groan. All I want to do is go boating. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:58 pm 
Shark

I have to agree, that is the neatest slab I have ever seen! Looking forward to the pics of the shed Brett, I envy you having a shed for the boat, so when you not using it its not coroding away in the water 8)
Robbi

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:15 am 
The Real Dr.Evil

Thanks guys.. He did do a FANTASTIC job (he is also doing poured sidewalks all the way from the front of my house down around meeting up with the driveway. I really need to get my driveway redone.. that's maybe next year!

He floated that pad so friggen smooth.. looks great, I just hope I don't kill myself on wet concrete! :)

Blessed,

28x36 is sweet! I wish I could have went bigger.. I would have really dug a 40x30 but I have power lines right smack dab in the middle of my yard and they won't move them.. That's as big as I can go without getting under the lines or screwing up my one
garage stall in the house.

I wish I would have had this up last winter... then my dang flexiteak would already be done!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:46 pm 
email admin your custom rank

No you don't. You wished you would have gone smaller! Only wide enough and long enough to get the boat in and thats it. Nothing more except maybe a workbench and tool chest. The only reason I have the size I do is because it was here when the bank bought the place for me and it only serves as a place to collect cr@p. Garage door is not high enough to get the boat in even with the tower down. Kind of useless right?
My goal - unoad the junk, raise the roof and have enough room for the boat and truck NOTHING MORE!
Congrats and lets see what she looks like when it's done yes?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:33 am 
The Real Dr.Evil

Blessed,

No doubt the more space we have the more crap we collect. :)

I am asking the garage company to see if I can raise the building another foot at the ridge and eaves so I can get my 12x12 door in. I really do not want an 11' door if I can go a foot higher and get a 12 in there! And if I get a 338 with a swinge tongue I may just be able to fit it in this garage :mrgreen:

I will post in progress and finished photos. It's going to be 3-4 weeks before the garage company is on site to erect the building. Once It's up, my Vista will never again have to spend her life outside and alone! :)

I think someone asked if I was going to insulate and wire it. Yes and Yes. I am also going to add a 60K BTU/HR wood pellet stove, probably the same model I have in my basement of the house.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:09 am 
Lake Michigan - Unsalted

Don't forget to plum it with water, hot and cold. Nothing better than washing your boat/car/toys in an inside area. You have the drain, add the water!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:42 am 
AGE < LOA

Lookin good bra! Yep, 12' is where it's at! Won't be long now, how are you heating? I have oil, I might put a woodstove in the way fuel is going...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:29 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Brenden,

I am going with another wood pellet stove, since that's what I use in the house I am sticking with the same fuel source. I can get a 60K BTU/HR Breckwell for about $1300 that's automatic, thermostatically controlled. (Lights it's own fires)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:04 am 
Shark

Hey Brett, hows the Garage/shed coming along? or are you having too much fun boating. :)
Any more pics?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:07 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Kink,

No new pics, the structure isn't up yet.. will be in a few weeks. I just got back from vacation on Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:56 pm 
Shark

BUMP
Hey Brett, Im dying to see the shed pics! :)
where are the pics :?:
Robbi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:58 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Nothing to report yet... :)

I'm not sure if at this point the structure is going up this season... I ran out of cash!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:54 pm 
Shark

Oh well Brett, not to worry the slab will cure nicely while you wait.
You will appreciate it more when you finally get it.
Robbi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:16 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Robbi,

True enough! I really would like to get it up before winter hits, I just don't think it's going to happen. If it does, be sure, I will keep you updated!