www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 am 
Starfish

I just noticed that the lights are gone on the indicators in the head. Don't know for how long either, not really something you look at just happened to notice. Guess I gotta get a volt meter and find the relay from the tanks. Any other suggestions or experience with this issue?

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:52 am 
Starfish

Mine have been funky from the beginning, at least the holding tank indicator, I overfilled the tank before I learned better. Now my gauges also are totally dead, I pulled the toilet paper holder and tested for power at the connection. It has power, so I guess I just buy a new unit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 am 
Dolphin

going to show my stupidity here , I have no idea how the gauge in our head works or what its reading . My boat is a 98 so it may have a different set up . If anyone wants to enlighten me , I sure would appreciate it . thanks, keith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:10 pm 
Nauti Luv

Mine dont work either....

Previous Boats:
1999 298 Vista "Seas The Day"
2008 H200SS "Nauti Luv"
2006 Tahoe Q4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:18 pm 
268 Vista

A few tank monitor threads in this post for your reference.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7308&hilit=tank+monitor

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:33 pm 
email admin your custom rank

318boating wrote:
I just noticed that the lights are gone on the indicators in the head. Don't know for how long either, not really something you look at just happened to notice. Guess I gotta get a volt meter and find the relay from the tanks. Any other suggestions or experience with this issue?

Cheers

The level indicator in the 318 is different and much more reliable than the ones in my old boat. I have not had any issues with mine. It seem hard to think that all of the led indicators lights would all go out at once. I would look at the power to the gauge itself. Pull the paper holder and you can get behind and check it out. If you need more room, pull the storage box too and you should be able to check gauge power and ground.

'14 Cruisers 380 Express "Simon Sez"
Merc 8.2 Mag MPI 380
DTS B3X, (x2) Axius Premier

(SOLD)
'08 V318
Merc 350 Mag MPI 300
DTS Seacore, B3 (x2)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 pm 

Sorry for this but I have say it, my tank level lights only work when the water pump breaker is on. Did you check it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:59 pm 

I have a breaker that reads "tank monitors" in our 328's electrial panel that needs switched on for the tank monitors to work.

My fresh water monitor works, however, the waste monitor does not work at present.

Mike.

- 2010 310 Mercury Inflatable

Previous Boats
- 30' Doral Prestancia
- 25' Doral Citation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 pm 
268 Vista

Seems to me like another bit of FW over-engineering. I can't come up with a reason why the tank monitors would have their own breaker. let alone be connected to the water pump breaker. There is probably some reason why, or a logical explanation why, but I can't come up with it.
I would love to know .

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:56 pm 

Can't comment on the V358, but on our 328 Vista we have a breaker for the "tank monitor" (as mentioned above) and a seperate breaker for the "fresh water pump". Our fresh water pump does not need to be on to check the tank level indicators in the head.

We rarely ever have the fresh water pump on at our dock (so the breaker remains off) as we are connected to the city water connection and it is at the dock when I would typically check the fresh water level in the tank after I turn on the tank monitor breaker.

I myself have forgot to turn the tank monitor breaker on first before checking the tank level indicator and have wondered for a second, hey, why the heck does this not work. And then I remember, ah, stupid, you gotta turn the breaker on first. :)

Mike.

- 2010 310 Mercury Inflatable

Previous Boats
- 30' Doral Prestancia
- 25' Doral Citation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:21 pm 
Shark

I dont think you really have a problem at all. I have the same boat and when the tank level gets between levels the light will go out, then eventually as the level changes the next light will come on.
Do you have the indicators that have 3 lights (green, yellow, and red) for both the water and waste?

In other words, taking the water level for example, when it is full the green light will be on, as you use some water the green light will flash, then eventually go out and will remain out until about half full then the yellow light will come on...etc etc until the tank is empty and the red light is on

Try filling your water tank and see if the green light comes on

Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:29 pm 
Shark

besides what I mentioned already, forgot to say that the cabin main breaker has to be on for those to be powered on the 318

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 pm 

I just looked the schematic and contrary to my previous post, the level panel gets power from head light and head vent breaker. Which is a pop-out breaker, so you can check it but if the lights in there work its not the breaker.

Bad memory on my part.

My indicators are always lit, when powered. The waste tanks are green is empty, yellow is normal, orange is damn near full, and red is full. My old Searay only had three lights and was dark for normal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 pm 
wkearney99

I wired up a new set of tank sensors to the head light switch. Now they only light up when the ceiling light is on in the head. I believe the factory one (the round piece of crap Xintex unit) was wired to the 'Cabin Main' breaker directly. The head light is also on that circuit, but now the sensor only gets powered when the light switch is on (save a few watts here and there).

That said, nobody's tank sensors are worth a damn. Certainly not Xintex/Firebouy and I'm not a fan of the Dometic replacement I've got. I've heard the external foil sensor kind are better but they're pretty expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 pm 

aguyindallas wrote:
Mine dont work either....

The fresh water/holding tank gauge has a separate breaker on the 298V and even though mine works, forget about the holding tank gauge as it is worthless. The water gauge is very accurate but I opt for a pump out from our club's mobile "honey barge" every week just to play it safe ($11). Those holding tank filters are quite expensive to replace if you allow the holding tank to get backed up (not that this hasn't ever happened to me - just ask my slip neighbors). :lol: