www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:50 am 
AGE < LOA

hey guys, how does the ancor locker access hole behind the mirror open? I see a low spot so it looks like you pry it out but i don't want to screw it up if there's another way to do it. Any help asap would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Brenden

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:30 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Bren,

That's a dag gum good question! And how do you get the mirror off to even gain acess to the port? I have been wonering the same thing! (not that I need to get in there, I just like to know how).

I was getting terrible water pressure at my galley sink so I tore the faucet screens out and they were plugged with lord knows what... Blew em out and woolah now I have the same amount of flow as the kitchen sink in my house.. And damn that hot water heater makes the water dangerously hot! :)

mkivbren wrote:
hey guys, how does the ancor locker access hole behind the mirror open? I see a low spot so it looks like you pry it out but i don't want to screw it up if there's another way to do it. Any help asap would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Brenden

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:08 pm 
AGE < LOA

thanks for the tip, still gotta check mine. The mirror (on mine) you just lift up it's sittiing on two posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:11 pm 
Mental Floss

I'm not sure about my 288. The cover just snapped into place on the 248 I had. Does it mention anything in the manual?

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:54 am 
AGE < LOA

J,
thanks for the reply. i was looking in my manual and did not see any verbage pertaining to it. maybe the new years mention it in the manual? Does it snap into place from the inside? is there some sort of seal around it like an o-ring to block water?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:40 pm 
Mental Floss

I didn't see it in the manual either. It wasn't in the original draft copy I received from FW back in late '03, thinking the verbage was edited or a section deleted. I served as a reviewer for the 288 sections for FW when they were getting it read for print.

On the 248 it snapped into place and had an o-ring for a water tight seal. It was a beckson hatch if I remember correctly.

Looks like I will be spending tomorrow AM at the boat doing a variety of little things. If I remember I'll take a look and see what it is exactly.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:40 pm 
AGE < LOA

Thanks man, as always, I appreciate your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:21 pm 
AGE < LOA

Bringing this one back from the dead. I know brett unscrewed his and I saw that style one the 06 248 I was inside of today. Not sure when they switched. Mine says "Rabud", Dania fl. 33004. Its a pressure fit with and o-ring at least on the 00 248's. I'm going to try to contact them direct. It's a 10" dia hole fyi. I hope the newer ones are 10" (almost looked smaller today when i checked the 06) - I needed every bit of it and some vasoline to put the dang windlass in :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:32 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Brenden,

I didn't measure my hole..... Err, that didn't sound right... Anyway... I don't think it's 10" on mine... Mine looks more like 6" or something.. I may have to measure it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:55 am 
Andiamo

On my '04 268 the mirror lifts off 2 tabs as you already mentioned, and the round cover screws into place, and seats into a rubber gasket. IT may be tight and you definitely do not have much leverage, but if you can get 2 flathead screwdrivers positioned against the ridges in the cover on either side and push in opposing directions counterclockwise you should start to see it turn. Also, putting it back, I found it tricky to rethread. If the threads were crossthreaded and the plate forced in place previously it may be very difficult to remove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:24 am 
wkearney99

On the 348 you have to remove the two screws in a 'headboard' rail. The screws have plastic covers on them that pry off. Then pull that rail up from the slots in the sides. That will let you access the four screws at the bottom that hold the mirror panel to the bulkhead. Remove that and there's a rectangular hatch behind it leading to the anchor locker. On the 348 there's an 8" round access hatch up on the deck so there's not much reason to get into the access panel. You could replace the fuse or untangle the rode through it. But if you needed to remove the rode or windlass the hatch is a lot easier than the deck opening.