www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 am 
Dolphin

Jefflw, I hate to tell you, but your Vista is a turd as well... You think I'd buy a Fourwinns to go out into the Gulf.. The vista is nothing more than a cork on the water.... I'd be getting me a real boat, Boston whaler conquest or outrage!!! Vista is nothing more than a bay boat....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 am 
email admin your custom rank

Greg,

I love my Vista, not sure what it is that you don't like about them? Maybe I can't understand your post, a cork? A Bay boat? are you saying that the Vista isn't a good boat for the open Ocean? Isn't that kind of like saying I wouldn't drive a mercedes off-road I'd rather have a Dodge Ram 4x4?

Chris and Alicia
Las Vegas, NV
ALTIVA
1996 Four Winns 238 Vista Dlx 5.8Fi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:06 pm 

greg5891 wrote:
Jefflw, I hate to tell you, but your Vista is a turd as well... You think I'd buy a Fourwinns to go out into the Gulf.. The vista is nothing more than a cork on the water.... I'd be getting me a real boat, Boston whaler conquest or outrage!!! Vista is nothing more than a bay boat....

:mrgreen:
I agree with the Conquest, if you want a fishing boat. I originally was looking at walkarounds when I started searching for boats. Then realized that I would be cruising to different locations and overnighting more than fishing.

If I boated on the gulf the Conquest would have been top of my list because of the outboards.

By the way the "Turd" comment was meant to be a joke based on ric's own complaints about his boat. I have nothing against ric or Stingray boats. Get the sand out of your vagina, no need to get nasty.

Last edited by JeffLW on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:15 pm 

ric wrote:
Yeah but when you can walk to your backyard and go for a ride that's amazing. Brings boating to a whole new level. I don't want to get rid of that! I'm out on the boat almost every evening after work drinkin a beer cranking the music, and even sometimes for lunch hour since I work 3mi away

Sounds like 2 boats are required! Your lake boat and a more substantial cruiser. Or you could be like Rodney Dangerfield and have a big ol' yacht on your lake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVL4wKnpx2U

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm 
Dolphin

Lv chris, maybe if you read the prior post from Jefflw, him calling my SL262 a turd was laughable.. I boat on a lake. he told me I should purchase a Vista and boat on the coast, which I of course laughed because a 248 vista is the last thing I'd purchase to go out on the coast with... It's a cork, meaning it sits way tooooo high out of the water. It's a bay boat at best...if that....If I were to boat on the coast it would be in a higher quality ocean going boat...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 pm 

Sheesh! WTF?

When did I call your SL262 a turd?
I was talking to ric.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 pm 
268 Vista

JeffLW wrote:
Sheesh! WTF?

When did I call your SL262 a turd?
I was talking to ric.

All of us but one knew you were talking to ric, not sure why "he" missed it, maybe Two Too many cocktails before posting ? :?:

Anyway, back to the topic. I do have two 50ft. Marinco 30 amp shore power cords I no longer need from my cruiser days. One is about
8 years old, the other is only 3 years old. Both work like new. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

Last edited by Cap'n Morgan on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:28 pm 
Dolphin

MY BAAAADDDDD.... I'm sorry!!!!! Please go ahead and keep bashing ric!!!! Man, I don't know how I misread that... I'm working while reading if that's any excuse... my humble apologies...