www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm 
Minnow

Hey Guys!

I wanted to get a boat listed with some more exposure for one of our long time customers and very good friend. Due to health problems, the boat has gone up for sale. We have had it listed on our website, but does not get too much exposure outside of New Hampshire. Here is what we have:

2002 Four Winns 328 Vista
Twin 5.7GSI/Duo Prop Volvo Penta Engine/Drives
Auto Fire Extinguisher
Gray/Black Water Tanks
Hour Meters
Cockpit Cover
Camper Canvas
Raymarine VHF/GPS with the factory navigation package
NO A/C or Heat
611 Hours

This is a one owner boat that was custom ordered from Four Winns to his specs. The current asking price is $69,995 or best offer. The boat is very easily accessible for pictures or viewing if you are close. It is inside one of our buildings, not wrapped outside. Bring your jacket still!

http://www.melvinvillagemarina.com/brokerage-boats.htm

Above is a link to our website- there are a bunch of pictures. The boat is about mid way down, they are in order according to year starting with the newest. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Thank You!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 pm 
268 Vista

600+ hours, No AC/Heat and it's in the 28' to 35" range, which is the worse selling boat segment in North America currently. These could be some of the reasons it is a difficult sell. Looks like a nice boat, but you have your work cut out for you in today's market. Good luck.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Might want to correct your ad listing details with respect to the overall lenght being 35' 1", the beam is 11' 9" and the total horsepower should be 560 HP.

I will say however that I would buy a 328 Vista and would suggest anyone looking for a express cruiser in the 33' range to consider a 328. :)

Good luck with your sale.

Mike.

- 2010 310 Mercury Inflatable

Previous Boats
- 30' Doral Prestancia
- 25' Doral Citation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:25 pm 

melvinvillagemarina wrote:
Hey Guys!

I wanted to get a boat listed with some more exposure for one of our long time customers and very good friend. Due to health problems, the boat has gone up for sale. We have had it listed on our website, but does not get too much exposure outside of New Hampshire. Here is what we have:

2002 Four Winns 328 Vista
Twin 5.7GSI/Duo Prop Volvo Penta Engine/Drives
Auto Fire Extinguisher
Gray/Black Water Tanks
Hour Meters
Cockpit Cover
Camper Canvas
Raymarine VHF/GPS with the factory navigation package
NO A/C or Heat
611 Hours

This is a one owner boat that was custom ordered from Four Winns to his specs. The current asking price is $69,995 or best offer. The boat is very easily accessible for pictures or viewing if you are close. It is inside one of our buildings, not wrapped outside. Bring your jacket still!

http://www.melvinvillagemarina.com/brokerage-boats.htm

Above is a link to our website- there are a bunch of pictures. The boat is about mid way down, they are in order according to year starting with the newest. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Thank You!

Sorry about your health!!

Is this boat raw water cooled or a closed system?? Vac-u-flush head? Bow thuster? Genset? AC & heat is no big deal to me! I do my boating in/around Boston. It never gets that hot here out on the water and I now use a small space heater.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:12 am 
268 Vista

Paul I. wrote:
Sorry about your health!!

Paul, it's NOT his health that is in question. The OP is a salesman/broker for a dealership, he is merely posting a free add on this forum in hopes of generating interest for a boat, owned by a customer of theirs, who has health issues. Once upon a time there was a rule on this board, that you can't join the board just to sell something. But because MVM is a dealer, and some members here have purchased boats and parts from them, the old rule has been "relaxed" a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:12 am 

The year is questionable to me. 2002 the canvas attached to the arch not under the arch

1997 225 Sundowner

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 am 
268 Vista

acguy wrote:
The year is questionable to me. 2002 the canvas attached to the arch not under the arch

Yep, like this freshwater 2002 328 Vista here in Michigan . 350Mag engines, 176 hours, A/C & Heat for only $65K
Outdrives could use a re-paint, but otherwise looks quite nice. The boat is located about 12 miles from our house.

2002 328 Vista

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:09 am 
Minnow

Thanks for the input, everybody.

Cap't is correct with his description of the sale, and I do appreciate the "bending the rules" a bit for this one. We are not trying to take advantage of any kind of free advertising just to be self serving. This isn't one of our boats that we are just trying to unload and be unrealistic. (That's what Craigslist is for!) This seemed like a good place to post the boat, as it is filled with a bunch of Four Winns enthusiasts, and hopefully could get this boat a new home.

Decision- thanks for the heads up on the specs, I don't know how we missed those, but will get right on correcting those.

The boat is absolutely a 2002- they must have changed the canvas mid calendar year.

I do want to thank everybody for their imput; it's definitely not an easy sale, we all know the challenges of the cruiser market in the last bunch of years. The forum is a great place to get input, ideas, and general discussion. We browse the forum frequently, and will try to pitch in when we can. Enjoy what is left for the winter, and start thinking spring!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 am 
Minnow

Paul I. wrote:

Is this boat raw water cooled or a closed system?? Vac-u-flush head? Bow thuster? Genset? AC & heat is no big deal to me! I do my boating in/around Boston. It never gets that hot here out on the water and I now use a small space heater.

Hey Paul-

The boat does have a Vac-u-flush head. It is raw water cooled, and there is no thruster or genset, just because there was no use for either where all of his boating was on Lake Winnipesaukee. His slip was a straight shot in from our channel. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 am 
268 Vista

Just another suggestion, so as to clear up any confusion on what year boat it is, you may want to include a picture of the HIN, as I see many seller's doing this lately on adds. It's important for many reasons, including financing to have that information available as early as possible to a potential buyer.

Especially important for salvage boats like I posted earlier.

Builders often do mix parts and pieces from a previous year model into a new model, just depends on what time of year the boat is actually being made, and what they have availaible at time of build. On our 268 Vista, we had an OMC binnacle, and our slip mates with same year 268 had a Volvo binnacle.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:51 am 
Minnow

Excellent idea, Cap't. I'll probably head down this afternoon to get a picture. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:21 pm 

melvinvillagemarina wrote:
Paul I. wrote:

Hey Paul-

The boat does have a Vac-u-flush head. It is raw water cooled, and there is no thruster or genset, just because there was no use for either where all of his boating was on Lake Winnipesaukee. His slip was a straight shot in from our channel. Thanks!

I would have been intrested in looking at, if it had a closed system! I hate the idea of lake or sea water running thought the block.