www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:30 am 
Dolphin

So Sandy took my beloved S-T-Rugglin' and her trialer. The one thing to remember her by that I still have is the factory (I think) canvas set in Navy.

As it would most likely do better on a boat than in my basement, it is for sale. Now for the details:

This is the canvas only - the support poles went with the boat to the salvage yard. As stated, it is NAVY. All snaps are in tack. The canvas is not in perfect shape - it is starting to show some wear around the buttons that slide into the support poles, but did not leak at all around this area when in service.

Now for the drawback - the strip of fabric that goes around the outside of the main cover is about 50% off. This does not affect usability, however, it something that should probably be addressed for asthetic purposes. If you care not for athestics then the cover can be run as-is as I did for the season last year. The strings that hold the rear of the cover down could also use some addressing, however, were functional enough to keep the cover tight when it was used.

The front cover has been patched at one corner (slightly different color canvas), but is in good shape.

It does let some water in during the hardest rains. I am sure treating it would remdy this (I did not)

Even with the above mentioned issues I would say the set is in fair to good condition, and I would not have hesitated to continue using it for another three or so seasons. The cover kept UV off the interior exceptionally well. My interior was in perfect shape and the boat sat outside under this cover for the year I owned it and the five years prior to that.

I would like to see $50 for it. Not that I am looking to make money off it, but rather this seems like a fair amount to package it up, run to UPS and get it off to whomever is interested. It would be easier for me to toss it, but I thought I would see if anyone here could use it.

As I am boatless this season I do not frequent the board. Please e-mail me if interested: DKeller81 at gmail.com

-Dave-