www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:30 am 
268 Vista

I think it is the same one posted above that was on E-Bay. Notice the driveway picture in both adds.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:44 am 
Minnow

Thanks for the advise. I am doing everything I can to sell it. If you know of anyone who might buy it please pass the website along. This economy sucks!

http://www.wfsites.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:14 am 
email admin your custom rank

cougarcruiser wrote:
Take a beating and pony up the difference... or keep owning the boat and the costs that go along with it. But - at least you'll have it to enjoy!

I second this. I was a two boat owner up until May of 2008 right before the economy tanked. I liquidated a stock account (when the DOW was at 13,000+) and wrote a $10,000 check to unload my bigger boat. It hurt, but I am very thankful that I was able to get it off my hands when I did. If you don't have the funds to write a check, have you thought about doing a short-sale? That is where you find a qualified buyer and then get your lender to drop the loan payoff in order to make the deal work. Go online to your lender's website and see what the requirements are to do a short-sale (or loan modification). Some lenders require that you be a couple of months behind, others don't. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:18 pm 
All Night Long

Don't short sales totally f-up your credit though?

And if it's anything like a credit card settlement - keep your eyes out for that difference coming to you as income from your bank or a 1099... then you'd be liable for taxes on that short sale difference.

Find a buyer and suck up the difference... You have to decide which pain is worse.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:41 pm 
email admin your custom rank

cougarcruiser wrote:
Don't short sales totally f-up your credit though?

And if it's anything like a credit card settlement - keep your eyes out for that difference coming to you as income from your bank or a 1099... then you'd be liable for taxes on that short sale difference.

Find a buyer and suck up the difference... You have to decide which pain is worse.

That would definitely be something to negotiate in your short-sale agreement. Keep in mind, these big banks are getting TARP money (Trouble Asset Relief Program) so they can just stick us taxpayers with the loss on the loan (or a portion thereof) as opposed to the borrower. I do real estate loans for a living and although I have never originated a borrower's loan who recently did a short-sale, I inquired about it and was told by my underwriter that if it is a "clean short-sale" (i.e.. no mortgage lates; deficiency balance; etc..) then they will do a new loan. I know one thing though, the banks don't want the boat back. Like I stated earlier, I sucked it up and wrote a check to unload my boat, but that was before the TARP money hit and had I been in an upside down predicament again, I would have inquired about doing a short-sale. You never know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:08 pm 
All Night Long

Let's not get started on that topic. That's a whole can'o'worms that I don't think any of us want to open up.

Back to business... how can we get All Wet a buyer? Regardless of price, I know that right now - just having an interested party or two would be nice!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:59 am 
Minnow

I didn't think they did short sales for boats just houses. Next time I talk to the bank I will ask. I do not have the money to write a check and I cannot even make the boat payments because I was laid off in December. The credit score is a non issue now. I had perfect credit but now I know it will be screwed up royaly. It was kinda funny, when I talked to the bank lady the other day. She thought they could just go over to the marina and pick it up. I told her it was physically impossible to get it right now because it is in storage. The boat is in an In/Out rack and the middle of the building is packed with larger boats they pulled from slips. This is February in Michigan. That boat is not moving until at least April and In/Out service does not start till May 15 so we can't even get it out to put it on the trailer. I would rather not have it repoed but my choices are very limited right now. I am trying to keep a roof over our head. One way or another, the boat is gone and I guess I have accepted that. :( Sorry to be whining.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:08 am 
All Night Long

best of luck to ya All Wet.

Tough situation - even though you can't get to the boat until spring.

So, if someone wants the boat - how do you sea trial it? A buyer is waiting no matter what?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:32 am 
Minnow

The boat broker I am working with says he knows how to handle a situation with a buyer who wants a sea trial. I have a non-exclusive contract with him. If I get it sold he will not get a commission but I will probably still pay him 1% to have him handle the transaction. He only gets his full commission if he brings the buyer. Either way I have to get it sold.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 am 
268 Vista

cougarcruiser wrote:

So, if someone wants the boat - how do you sea trial it? A buyer is waiting no matter what?

Simple, if a buyer is interested, he puts a deposit on the boat, and has to wait until ice out, or the boat can be retrieved from rack storage. That is how we bought our boat. Put a deposit on it in early March, and waited for the sea trial until April. Then finalized the deal.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:26 am 
Minnow

Thank you Cap'n Morgan. I didn't know exactly how it was handled but I know the broker said he knew how to handle it and he has the contracts. That is why if I get a buyer I will still pay him the 1% to handle the transaction because he has the contracts and knows how to handle the deal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:40 pm 
Whatever

Man, I wish I would have waited 2 more years to look at boats. Summer of '07 there was not a vista to be found, now, everywhere for cheap!!!!!