www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Early morning skiing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:36 am 
life to the full

Many of you know that I enjoy waterskiing, but this season here in Oz has not been as good as other years weather wise. Our block that we use to ski from has been at the mercy of the flooding of the River Murray. As the season for waterskiing draws to an end here, I have been getting desperate for another ski before it gets too cold. After a number of failed attempts to get a date set for a session behind the boat I finally succeeded.
The plan was to rise at 5am on Saturday, pack boat and drive to our waterski destination ready to hit the water at 7 am. Then ski for a few hours and come home.
Here is how it went
5am alarm clock went off. Got up had breakfast packed boat
537am Pulled out of driveway
652 Arrived at Murray Bridge to find no wind and glass water
7am boat launched, freinds arrive fun commenced
Here is some pics
This was taken at 7am
Because the River Murray has been experiencing a high water this season, you have to watch out for all sorts of hazards floating in the water, and of course the odd horse
Here is my freind Mark having a good time ( not bad for a 50 year old who had heart surgery 2 years ago)
And his daughter catching a bit of air
From the left, myself, the admiral and my freind taking a break before the last ski/board each
At 10am we were all done for the morning retreived the Lizzy Anne (H180) and decided that a coffee and something nice for morning tea at the local bakery was in order
Got home at 1230 woke up teenage son who was none the wiser that we had had a great morning out.
I really love early morning waterskiing because the water is usually glass and there is no other boats around.
Hope this inspires some of you to give it a try as the season begins for you folk on the other side of the planet. It really is worth getting up early for

Post subject: Re: Early morning skiing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:48 am 
email admin your custom rank

ardy wrote:
I really love early morning waterskiing because the water is usually glass and there is no other boats around.

+1 to that. Unfortunately as has been discussed on this board previously, most of my friends/family are like their morning sleep a bit more then they like watersports. I haven't been able to have an early morning ski in years. I am truly jealous.

By the way, thanks for the awesome pics. They are inspiring.