www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:14 pm 
Tadpole

I have a FourWinns 200 Horizon 1990 with a I/O OMC Cobra with a 351 and have been having several problems. I don't know if they are connected or have several things to deal with. The first thing that it is doing is stalling and sputtering on hard excelleration like when pulling up a skier. If I slowly go to full trottle i have no problem but when I go from neutral to drive and then slam the throttle it almost always dies. The second problem is that my shifter is not very smooth going in and out of gear. Its not too bad starting out but after running it hard it becomes very hard to get in and out of gear. The third issue is I have had several episodes of the motor stalling and having a hard time starting it again. It seems to do this when it is really hot. It will not start unless I put some choke on and then when I shift it back into gear or neutral it will die. The other day I ran it for 45 minutes straight at Lake Shasta and then turned it off for 30 minutes and spent 15 minutes trying to get it started. Finally after I got it started I went back to the boat slip and it died approaching my slip and was unable to get it started again. The next morning it started just fine and ran up to speed no problem. I have had it into two different shops three times for the past three years with no change. They keep telling me that its most likely water in the fuel and to change the fuel filter. I have done this four times. I poured the contents of the fuel filter in a bowel like they told me to see if there was any water in it and didn't see any. They adjusted the electronic shift assist with no luck and adjusted the shift cables with little difference. I am not exactly sure what the temp gauge is reading when the stalling occurs, but a little high in the area of 175 f. Which makes me think it is a vapor lock, but unsure why it is doing it. My gauge is not really finely numbered. I have done some research and haven't found a really solid answer. It seems to run fine at cruising speed without any missess or stalls as of yet. If anyone could help me I would be very appreciative.