www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:17 pm 
Seahorse

This is a new boat to us this year and will be left in the water in Missouri. In the past we have always winterized out of the water with muffs. So here's my questions.

Closed cooling system

Pulled raw water hose connected to bravo 3 drive at transom. Plugged the transom hole and attached hose clamp. Winterizered the raw water with antifreeze but my question is what about the water that is in the drive? I have read to blow air throgh the drive but won't water from the lake just reenter the drive?

Also generator seacock and ac seacock. I removed the hose at seacock and ran antifreeze through generator and ac system and left the seacock closed. Should i blow air through seacock and out the bottom of the boat? Will it make a difference as water will still come back into the seacock but not into the boat as it is closed.

also ran antifreeze through all fresh water systems.

My main concern is what about the water left in the drive from transom plug to water intake at the bottom of the drive? We will have an ice eater running to keep the slip from freezing over.

Most boats on our lake are kept on lifts or are v drives if left in the water.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:41 pm 
email admin your custom rank

My main concern would be if you lost power to the ice eater, and you got a real hard freeze. Might damage the bellows and let water in. Also if you got a heavy winter storm with lots if snow and ice it could weigh the boat down to the point of taking on water. If the area you're in has back up if the power goes out and you can shovel off the boat it might be Ok. Some people here do it but they are in marinas with back up power. I would not leave an I/O boat in the water though...too much to worry about.

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II