www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:39 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Today we winterized the boat... :cry:

Good news is, Ive done this before so it wasnt so bad! Did the water system myself, changed the engine and outdrive oil, ran easy store/easy start through the gas and let it run for a good 10 minutes. Then I let my shrinkwrap guy winterize the engine... last year I drained the block/manifolds and pulled the "big" hose off of the water pump on the bottom of the front of the engine and drained it before we ran the anti-freeze through. This year I let him do it (engine winterizing), I noted that he only drained the manifold and block. He did NOT drain the big hose at the front of the engine.

However, he did use -60F (the purple stuff) and poured it through the t-stat housing. Im just freaking out thinking about the water in the water pump hoses though. I know last year a lot of water came out of them! I want to check it, but the support for the shrinkwrap goes right on top of the engine cover :roll: Im hoping that IF there was water down there, the anti-freeze mixed with it and diluted it so it wont freeze. I know for a fact the manifolds and block had anti-freeze in it, I saw it come out before he put the plugs back in it.

Am I being a spaz or what? Should I move the shrinkwrap support and take off the bottom hose of the water pump?

379 hours as of 8/8/21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:24 pm 
email admin your custom rank

You know you will think about it all winter if you don't. BTW I'd use the -100 instead, the temp rating is based on when a copper pipe would burst, not freeze temp. The -100 has a freeze rating of about -50 which is more than adequate and will deal with a little water than didn't drain completely. I'd drain the block drains and big water hose and just fill her up.

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:26 pm 
AGE < LOA

I would, and while there I would also pull the lines off the impeller housing or just pull the impeller housing altogether. That's a pretty big hose going to the water pump and it holds a lot of water. I'm going to run a hose to the raw water spout and stick it in antifreeze and bump the motor to be sure there isn't water sitting in the impeller splines..