www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VP 5.7GSI (PWTR) 1999
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:36 am 
Guppy

I have the 245 SD with 5.7GSI (PWTR) engine with duo prop outdrive. Been having idle and cold start issues. Engine will start with throttle pushed forward to get a slightly increased idle speed. Throttling back to neutral will cause engine speed to drop to the point where it will stumble and die. Have changed out both hi and low fuel pumps, the IAC, MAP and ECT sensors, the rotor, plugs and wires and the cap. Also have a new fuel filter and the TBI was cleaned. Maintenance records from the previous owner indicate that the engine at one time had a high idle and that a computer scan was done at that time and idle air min was adjusted to make IAC work better. Does this make any sense? Is there a way to adjust the idle air? Is this an ECM reflash they are talking about? I can probably increase the idle speed by playing with the throttle linkage but I know this is not the proper way to do it an understand the TBI butterfly should be completely closed and idle speed air controlled by the IAC. All ideas welcomed! Thanks.