www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:21 pm 
Hello guys, Thanks for the information at this forum. I wanted to ask a question if I may.

I have a 1995 190 Horzion 5.0 with OMC Cobra out drive.

I also just purchased a 1994 180 Horizon 5.0 with OMC Cobra out drive. Which lower unit is bad on. (Bent Prop Shaft)

The Question: I was wanting to know if it is possible to put the 1995 Out drive on the 1994. I can tell that they look similar but I notice some difference.

1st. the unit on the 1994 visually looks a little smaller. Could be optical due to the fact I have not put a tape measure to it.

2nd. I also notice that it seems the 1994 has the impeller in the lower unit where as I know the 1995 have an impeller pump on the front of the engine driven by a belt.

My thoughts about this. I was thinking that if I disconnect both at the gimble and swap and also move the impeller pump from the 1995 to the 1994 that I would be able to accomplish this. Please tell me if this is even possible to do. I do believe that since both engines are 302 fords that both will have the same mounting holes in the block for the impeller pump. Thank you to any who read this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 pm 
email admin your custom rank

It is hard to say exactly what drives you have and whether they are interchangeable. OMC and Volvo wer going through a buyout/merger at that time. Some OMC out drive models were the sme as the. Volvos during that time. As I recall, some OMC models like the OMC Cobra SX drive are the same as the Volvo SX drive. There were others that are not the same. Its hard to say what you have, and interchangeability, without model numbers.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon